7 days to die

Hey guys, you can build guns and explosives. You can build a few types of landmines and TNT for mining. To buld guns you need to break three of the same gun down to parts and make molds of the parts. You can make crossbows and lots of bolts pretty quickly and they take out zombies with one hit head shots.

how do you break guns?

and how do you make molds?

You need clay to make molds, and break down guns by putting it in your crafting window. I believe there is an option in the recipe list. There is a crafting wiki, but I’m not sure if you are avoiding that intentionally.

It’s actually pretty easy to figure out without the wiki thanks to the new interface in the crafting/inventory window. Breaking down a gun is one of the “stickied” instructions at the top of the menu.

Break down three of the same firearm to get one of each part.
Collect CLAY.
Make LUMPS OF CLAY.
Combine a LUMP OF CLAY with a gun part to get a MOLD. You’ll need to do this for each gun part.
Use a FURNACE with the MOLD, IRON INGOT, and fire fuel to build new gun parts.
Combine the three new gun parts to make a new gun.

However, at this point, there’s almost no reason to do this. Guns are everywhere. Plus, the melee weapons seem to be more effective anyway.

Well that explains it, I am still looking at version 5. Evidently there have been issues with 6 and steam.

Instructions on setting up 6 for steam:

http://7daystodie.com/2014/01/

Yeah, I have noticed Zombie drops also have a lot more weapons and ammo in them.

Ah, yes. The latest update isn’t pushed out to the main build. You have to enable the “beta” under the Steam properties for the game. A few Early Access game are doing this.

A little OT, but I wonder what the payoff is for doing it that way rather than just pushing it out to the normal build? It’s not like either version is any more stable. It’s all Early Access. Most servers are running with 6.1, so it behooves players to update anyway. Is it easier to manage on the backend for devs?

6.2 just came out. Not too exciting. Just a bunch of fixes.

6.3 is out, and it has some subtle but interesting changes:

Changes
•Changed all loot containers to have a greater chance to be empty
•Changed cars to have more tool loot
•Changed mailboxes to have more paper loot
•Changed Less chance of finding backpacks in the wild loot
•Changed length of IP field to allow longer URLs
•Changed length of Port field to allow more room for IP field
•Changed crops grow slower and no longer grow underground from torch lights

zombies climbing ladders is so awesome in this game. If only they could learn to dig appropriately and effectively, that would be incredible. and they should “Rage” and just tear up the vicinity more if they are below you and cannot get to you.

I also played on a server which had Zombies “Always Run” set (value = 2). That really made it a challenging game. Really restricted movement.

Alpha 7 preview of sloping terrain: http://7daystodie.com/7-days-to-buy-33-off/

Really tempted to get a two pack with a friend now. Willpower fading…

This really grabbed me lately. It has a few issues, and isnt pretty yet, but there is fun to be had. I think they should take on an intern or have a community contest and get some more variety in the zombies ASAP though. I’m guessing they dont care currently and the models are all placeholders though. It runs like butter, which is nice when you have mass destruction as an option. Hell I think it runs better than minecraft for me.

Pricing has dropped. 2 for $20 per now:

Effective immediately our new single unit Alpha price is $24.99 and our Alpha 2 pack is $39.99! These prices will stay effective until Beta with the exception of possible sales and promotions along the way. We thank all of you who have supported our product so far and will strive to make it the best damn zombie game we can!

Oh, man. There is going to be some butthurt bitching on the Steam and official forums over that.

Why? Was the original price high?

It was $35 on Kickstarter and when it originally came out on Early Access.

I didn’t think that was too expensive, but a lot of people thought it was too much compared to Rust ($19.99) and DayZ ($29.99).

The alpha builds have been coming for about 6 months now, and I think they have definitely delivered to alpha people buying in at $35+. Though I am sure alpha users will argue that they get exclusive use till “beta”.

Beta people bought in at $25 - they should be getting keys now I would think, as the price went “beta” though the game has not.

Full game users bought in at $15.

So it does look like the final target was probably around $20, and I agree with Telefrog that they are trying to go direct competition with Rust and DayZ for the zombie-shoot-em-up dollar. Game has the potential to offer much greater than those two, so we’ll see.

http://7daystodie.com/alpha-7-status-update/

Update on the status of development. The next build will have semi-sloping terrain added. Cube>slope>cube>slope>etc. They expect to have fully sloped terrain in the Alpha 8 build.

Also, lighting has been changed so that flashlights and held torches will actually work correctly.

They are working towards this kind of sloping:

http://7daystodie.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=1123&d=1393135792

a7 may be as early as tomorrow.

New screen showing what mining looks like without the MC style blocks

Wow nice!

Oh, it’s EQ Landmark!