7 reasons to skip Xenoblade Chronicles

Lol, I love this game....!

It took me 83 hours to beat this game. Graphics don't matter to me either. So basically, this was the perfect game. Probably the best game I've played in 10 years

Regarding 2#, the classic controller comes with the bundle. Regarding 3# - haven't you heard of Amazon? Regarding 4#, there are so many diferent gems as you can quickly interchange when facing an enemy that focuses on a specific trait. Regarding 5#, tells you what weapon will do to each character when viewing items being sold. Regarding 6#, as you said most RPGs and MMOs are like that - so by complaining about this point you are insulting all RPGs and MMOs. Regarding 7#, instead of watching the Wire you could be playing an enjoyable, brighly coloured game that has great concepts - Xenoblade Chronicles. Additionally the learning curve is not steep.

You sir, are a fool.

Clearly you haven't played it. I'm 103 hours in and I'm still finding things to do that aren't even in the story.

Wait wait wait. Let me do my own breakdown of this list since it'll differ from the others.

#1. True, down to the very contradictions in the idea. Technical on the level of skyrim? I don't know, haven't played it yet. I'd day it's at least as technical as oblivion (including dlc type stuff...).

#2. Did fine with auto camera, c and directional pad. Battle mechanic allows for this easily to a true and adaptable gamer.... which is to say a real gamer.

#3. It isn't exclusive. The art book is exclusive.

#4. Again, to a real gamer who wants unique characters and plays the game his/her way, the inventory, gem crafting, and individualism work great. I can have one character immune to being dazed and use that player as primary attacker and the others used for support. The combinations are nearly endless.... as are weapon and armor sets and which players are used.

#5. Wait. Last week everybody complained the Wii held your hand too much. That it made it not "core" enough.... guess this is just too core for most. I had no issues.

#6. Refer to the last sentence of number 5.

#7. and you call us (emphasis) the casual gamers ?

Regarding 3, I forgot to say: there is an option on the menu bar labelled: 'Quests and other things'. Click it and you are then given the option to go to 'Quest menu', 'Affinity chart', or acheivements. Go to Quests and it tells you all you need to know.

I see none of these as reasons to skip this game at all. Skip it because it's graphics are worse than Skyrim's?

why is he pointing out that this game is long? the fact that its an RPG makes that obvious

It kind of looks like you're looking for reasons to dislike this game. Most of these points make no sense. The Wii-remote and nunchuk most certainly does cut it, and anybody who says otherwise simple hasn't put the time into trying to use it. The art design is second to none in this game. Order it off Nintendo.com if you don't want to give Gamestop your money. RPGs are supposed to be long, some longer than others. Who would want to sink $50 into a 20-hour RPG? The game can be completed in 50 hours if one chooses to skip most of the side quests, but then what's the point? I haven't had to write anything down to remember things. They have a quest log in the game that makes it rather easy to remember where you're at in the game and what still needs to be done for your quests. And the jems are as useful or as useless as you make of them. The game was designed with an extensive level of customization in mind. It looks to me that you're having a hard time mastering what this game has to offer, and that isn't the game's fault. I've been playing JRPGs for nearly 23 years. This is one of the best I've played in a long while.

Suck my dick!This game is amazing!YOu fucking bastard _I_ THis article sucks as your site _i_ SoB

You are honestly stupid, lazy and deluded.

I think a lot of these reasons are highly over-lookable and are mostly opinion-based.

Horrible list, all of it is false, bias or doesn't make sense.

You forgot reason 8: You are a noob!

Exactly!

I'm terrible at games -- I must have poor hand-eye coordination or something, because I usually find myself too frustrated with games to play far into them. From my calculations, I'm about 1/3 to 1/2 into Xenoblade Chronicles and I'm surprised and pleased to find myself able to hand the battles -- and to enjoy them quite a bit, too.

Holy f'ing Christ. I've NEVER heard anyone ever complain about an RPG because of the completion time, or the fact that there is actual customization you can do with your character (IE whether you want to make your guy resistant to status effects, or boost your agility). None of these reason's make any sense. As stated by other commentors, there is a option in your menus that not only tell you what the main quest or side quests are, but it tells you the area the item or whatever you're missing is in, and you can warp to that area if you've been there before. The controls (and I only had the nunchuck and Wiimote) I had absolutely no problem with.

Next reason 1 and 3 are the definition of the word trolling, and I hate that word. It gets thrown around a LOT and all to often to people who aren't even trolling. But to say it sucks cause it's on the Wii. Oh the graphics are amazing and the game is vast but it's on the Wii. And the fact that someone shouldn't buy it because of the wrongfully stated exclusiveness for Gamestop, (I got mine through amazon.) who really freaking cares. You're talking to employees whose job it is to ask you all of those questions. They want to keep there job. I have no problem saying no when they ask me if I want all their crap.

This is one of those pages that I ABSOLUTELY HAVE to read all the comments and see if anyone actually agrees with you.

Ummmm. I'd rather play Xenoblade Chronicles than Final Fantasy XIII. And I'd easily any day trade amazing HD graphics for amazing SD graphics with the inclusion of better customization, immersion, and story.

.I. Fuck yourself idiot, you know nothing about this awesome game