7 reasons to skip Xenoblade Chronicles

Hey, if somebody wants reasons to dislike a game, let them.

Why the hell is this garbage in the first couple of results when I search for Xenoblade Chronicles get this garbage out of my face!

Wow these are such half assed reason your an absolute idiot that needs to hate things to in order to live out your pathetic sad life.

This article is embarrassing... None of these are legitimate reasons too skip such an amazing game.

Where is your clock, so that I may punch it? Is it your face? I'm going to assume it's your face.

My eyes are screwed-up after reading this article, Jesus!
Also, I find that this list is full of small gripes that certainly didn't hinder my experience with the game.
If anything, there are aspects I simply needed to familiarize myself with (such as the inventory system) and I can EASILY recommend Xenolade Chonicles to any Wii owner. I mean let's face it, there aren't enough great Wii games out there and the good ones can often be overshadowed by the bad ones, basically what I'm saying is, XC is what patient Wii owners deserved and it still is.

No offense but i bought it stoped playing it a few months after and picked it up 3 months ago and i used the wii mote and nunchuke combo and had no problems. Just let the people do what they want to do ass hole

Yea but I had a classic controller lying around so I started using it. I can't go back to nunchuk

I found this while idly searching for whether or not there was a strategy guide for this game. I don't think it needs one, but the fact that it *requires* a classic controller, like a SNES game, is funny to me considering I had to buy a whole New 3DS to play it on the go.

The game isn't 100 hours long, at the soonest possible point to end doing no side quests, it's about a 12 hour game

I love how many people here are insulting you, as if you weren't just attempting to cover every possible angle and in fact greatly enjoy the game yourself. Tsk.

I bought one of the last 2 new Wii pro controllers in the whole of Madrid that are left on the shelves just to play this game, the nun chuck and wiimote are awkward. Annoyingly the WiiU Pro controller won't work with this game on WiiU.

Nup, this game is incredible!

Smart man. I just got mine, after three years of searching. Thus I preordered X so I wouldn't miss it.

Well said!

Great combat to rival the likes of Dragon Age Inquisition, a nice setting and plot, nice loot and quest system. Yes I had to buy the last Wii Pro controller to play it for my WiiU as the WiiU Pro controller doesn't work with it but I don't regret spending a single penny on this great title. The graphics even up scaled aren't too bad I guess.

Think I read somewhere that the creator of the Xenoblade Chronicles series is actually one of the guys behind the snes and playstation 1 final fantasy games and that says alot. I started playing Xenoblade Chronicles a while back and got to say this is whitout a doubt one of the best rpg games I ever played.

Concerning #2, I beat the game perfectly fine without a classic controller. The D-pad in combination with the "C" button is what you use to move the camera while you use the analog stick to move your character. If you are the age it says you have to be on the box to play the game, by then, your thumb should be big enough to hit the D-Pad and the "A" Button at the same time. Concerning #1, sure, the resolution is shit, but it turned away from all the other trends that RPGs today use in terms of graphics. Most RPGs, the grass is gone and the dirt is what you see. In most RPGs, the sky is blank. In Xenoblade chronicles, the grass is lush and tall and the Ether flows through the sky illuminating it with a purple glow. If you look at it from a more artistic standpoint, the game is a masterpiece.

1) Agreed. The people look like crap, but the environments are pretty spectacular. I'm not the type who cares much about graphics, though.
2) I'm about 50 hours in. The Wiimote and nunchuk work fine for me.
3) I don't know, I got it as a gift.
4) Agreed. The menu system interface is lacking. There needs to be ways to automatically swap items around and stuff. And there's a great imbalance between the usefulness of different types of gems.
5) Are you talking about rebuilding Colony 6? I don't see why I'd need a note pad. Just collect as many different items as you can and check back every so often to see if you've gotten the right ones. But you're right that it would be nice to just have the game let you know when you've got the right stuff, especially so you don't accidentally sell it. I love the game's innovative idea of seeing the future and knowing which items you'll need for future quests, but they could've done more with that.
6) Actually I put the game down and came back to it after two years of school. It may be the most complicated game I've ever played, but the in-game tutorials do a good enough job of bringing you back up to speed if you forget how to play.
7) I suppose time is a concern, but people know this is an RPG and so they expect to make a time investment. It's not a big deal. They can try it out and drop it if they discover that it's not something they wanna spend a lot of time on. I'd actually be more concerned with the money. Not many games breach the $60 console standard, so Xenoblade Chronicles seems to think very highly of itself when you consider the amount it costs.

Being able to reorder your inventory does not solve all the other interface problems. He also mentioned wanting a way to automatically equip your selected party with the best equipment. Why blame the author when you missed the obvious?