A Forum Game of Blood on the Clocktower (GAME IS NOW OVER)

Juan came out and confirmed non-librarian status a while ago.

Yeah, I had assumed he was and asked if he wanted to give out his info through me because I was particularly concerned that we confirm who the outsiders were (and if there were any) because I’d already trusted them with my Mayor status. The 50% comment was confusing. I think he confirmed he wasn’t after that.

Okay, it seems as though everyone has had an opportunity to speak, or has at least said something.

Day 2 Nominations are now Open!

Are private conversations and/or public conversations closed?

Public and Private conversations are still permitted.

Public conversations are always permitted during the Day.

Once a vote has begun, private conversations are closed until the beginning of the next Day.

A vote does not begin until someone is nominated and the nominee has a chance to defend themself.

I guess I will start the bidding.

I nominate @Matt_W for execution. Reasons? Poor dead @rowe33 tells us that one of Matt and @Lantz is evil. Lantz was forthcoming with information as the Chef on the first day, while Matt held back and only announced as the Mayor a day later. I think the Mayor claim is a bluff.

@Lodgium

@Matt_W, you have been nominated for execution. Do you have anything to say in your defense?

Well I definitely look suspicious. All I can say is that I had good reasons for holding back, i.e. my position makes me a target for the demon. (I notice, for instance that we don’t know what role you’re inhabiting @scottagibson, nor have you provided any information at all.) As the Mayor, I give us another way to win as long as I’m alive.

There are at least three possibilities that exonerate me:

1. we could have a poisoner who targeted rowe33 the first night
  2. rowe33 could have been the demon and targeted themselves (this seems unlikely, since no one suspected rowe33 of anything)
  3. Lantz could be the demon (or possibly the spy) bluffing as the chef

I get that I look suspicious though, so string me up if you have to, but I’m no demon and I think I could be more helpful to the team alive.

Okay, the nominee has spoken.

Voting is now officially open, private conversations are closed. Vote openly in thread: YES for executing @Matt_W, NO for keeping @Matt_W alive

Note that you may still discuss and debate things openly while voting is going on.

When all players have voted, or 24 hours have passed, I will render the verdict.

@Lodgium I vote YES.

For what it’s worth, Matt announced his mayorship privately to me on the first day, and the mayor is a higher-value target to kill than the chef, so I don’t see the comparison as worth much.

Also, there’s been a lot of private chatter preceding this, and if it hasn’t produced any more worthwhile info, I’m gonna go ahead and vote NO on this execution.

I don’t really know what to do. It seems to me executing for the shake of executing will move us towards an evil win, unless we hit the jackpot.

I’m going to hold off again. NO

I vote Yes for reasons previously stated.

I think we have take @rowe33’s claims as trustworthy. In that case, I’m aware of 5 townsfolk roles being claimed directly or by inference. Plus me, that’s 6. So either there are no outsiders, or we have one too many people claiming to be townsfolk. If the former, it’s possible all 6 are telling the truth AND that we have a townsfolk still concealing a role; but of course that means we have no outsiders, so @jostly and @CaseyRobinson are lying.

Yeah, I agree that we have too many townspeople, but who else would an evil player claim to be? I don’t think it’s surprising that there are more people claiming to be us than there should be.

I also agree that it’s most likely that rowe33 is the empath and has correct info, but it’s not a given if there’s a poisoner.

There’s a 1/3 chance that there is a poisoner, and if they exist, they had a 1/7 chance to hit rowe. Sure, ~5% isn’t neglible, but expressed differently, we can with 95% confidence say that one of you and Lantz is evil. (Math based on me knowing there are outsiders, thus one minion is the Baron).

Still, to my mind, it’s pretty much 50-50 whether it’s you or Lantz.

In the rowe is good but maybe poisoned scenario. There are of course other possible ones.

Voting Yes.

@Lodgium I will vote YES

I say Yes.