A game to rule them all

Well, there’s HL2 that’s only on PC. Halo that’s exclusive for X-Box and GTA: San Andreas exclusive to the PS2. What’s the next big cross-platform game?

You might want to add a (so far) behind the other games too.

And take it off of HL2. I’d put money on Halo 2 being translated before HL2.

Prince of Persia: Warrior Within?

Based on sales of the previous title, Need for Speed Underground 2 would certainly qualify.

Madden 2006. :P

GTA I still consider… a PC game made for console. Same with Halo. So really… most good games are PC. Yeah!

The true console games are platformers, fighters… and any type of coin op type gameplay… all console related. Rpgs, strategy, shooters… all PC related IMHO!

etc

Prince of Persia: WW seems to be the “big” multiplatform game… I hope they don’t mess with it too much injecting that Ninja Gaiden style to the game.

Nah, GTA is now a console game that gets ported to PC. It’s a couch game for sure.

Nah, GTA is now a console game that gets ported to PC. It’s a couch game for sure.[/quote]

I guess… maybe GTA3+ is kind of a hybrid… the freeform pc/crpg type world + console racing + pc shooter. Yeah I can see that. No matter… its good.

etc

Poor GameCube gets no respect.

Poor GameCube gets no respect.[/quote]
Even Dave Long abandoned it in favor of the X-Box. :)

It’s pretty sad… I can’t think of ANY game that I want to play on Gamecube. I haven’t even turned on my Cube since faking Animal Crossing it was Xmas in mid summer…What the hell did Nintendo do to ruin such dominance?

etc

It’s pretty sad… I can’t think of ANY game that I want to play on Gamecube. I haven’t even turned on my Cube since faking Animal Crossing it was Xmas in mid summer…What the hell did Nintendo do to ruin such dominance?

etc[/quote]
Wasn’t it by telling people how they should make their games?

Assuming I’m done with GTA:SA and Halo 2 by then, Metroid Prime 2 will be getting my money at release over MGS3. At least MP2 isn’t going to insult my intelligence.

Between that, PM:TTYD, and the DS, Nintendo has a great holiday season ahead. It’s just not as high profile as the major releases people have been waiting years for. Oddly, I get the impression Nintendo doesn’t really mind much.

[/quote]
Almost as sad for me…I’ve got exactly one game that I’m thinking of for the Little Cube That Couldn’t, and that’s Metroid Prime 2.

It’s been getting so bad that I’ve been wondering if it isn’t time for an X-box. Halo 2 makes a pretty good argument.

Ah, my experience with warrior within demo make it seem rather annoying, the fighting system feels to depressing on a mouse. And the heavy rock music seems like a bad choice or a misunderstanding of the theme.

-Shiroko

F-Zero GX, Paper Mario 2, and Metroid Prime 2 qualify as respect in my book.

That’s only 3 games, but just one of those is enough for me to own a cube (namely F-Zero). Besides, it’s nice to have a system without tons of games I want to play on it. Especially with 3 other platforms to play games on.

Yep, I love my little purple purse. Most of the big cross-platform games come out on it and it’s got a few exclusives (temporary or limited) that totally made it worth it already: Wind Waker, Animal Crossing, Viewtiful Joe, Super Smash Brothers, Pikmin, Skies of Arcadia: Legends. And probably another half dozen I just haven’t picked up yet.

I have to admit, though, there’s not a whole lot lined up for this holiday season, especially since I disliked Metroid Prime.

Yeah, Metroid Prime 1 is iffy for me. The controls are simply not responsive enough to handle some of the later boss battles (not able to turn/maneuver fast enough to keep up with Ridley and Omega Pirate), and the game relied to much on backtracking in later parts. But I still have really high hopes for the sequal. The first game just feels right, kinda like Halo. I’m hopping they can keep the feel and better design the game around the somewhat limiting controls.

Nintendo unveils its new marketing plan.