A game to rule them all

Nintendo unveils its new marketing plan.[/quote]

You laugh…

But, seriously, there are a handful of games on the cube that I’m really into and wouldn’t want to game without, and the rest I can pass on. Alot like the N64, actually.

I think that the point is that this is not a money-making scenario for Nintendo, if they are seen that way.

The only thing that annoys me about the 'Cube is that some games come out for XBox and PS2 only. Otherwise, there hasn’t been a game yet for the other consoles that would justify a second console. I don’t have enough free time to play all the games I want to on the 'Cube.

If someone actually makes another Shadowrun game, though, that would be a system seller.

Poor GameCube gets no respect.[/quote]
Even Dave Long abandoned it in favor of the X-Box. :)[/quote]

I know you were being funny, but this is just absolutely incorrect. I simply have stopped arguing with the people here about Nintendo. It does no good. The misperceptions are too great. The anger too strong. If everyone wants to joke about how doomed the Nintendo is while the company continues to enjoy financial success, that’s just fine with me. Live it up! I’m tired of it.

The system that gets the most action in my house is still the Gamecube. It always has and always will. Metroid Prime 2, Mario Power Tennis and Mario Party 6 and Resident Evil 4 in 2005 are coming up among others and we’re still loving Pikmin 2, Donkey Konga, Mario Kart Double Dash, Super Monkey Ball, Super Smash Bros. Melee and plenty more Cube games. If it isn’t one of those, then my wife is playing Pokémon FireRed on the GameBoy Player while the kids watch and help her make the decisions on what to do next.

I don’t need to have the validation of people here to enjoy my games.

–Dave

Well for the next awesome multi-platform game you don’t have to look very far… that’s right Goldeneye: Rogue Agent in mid November! That game looks awesome, simply awesome.

The Nintendo argument never really seems to go away does it? It’s faithful rally around it and point to ton’s of evidence that they really are doing just fine and that they are even making a profit off of it. The unbelivers rally around the fact that they have Halo 2 and GTA:SA, and how Nintendo is doomed. Sad.

To preface I don’t own a PS2 or XBox, and don’t intend on changing that any time soon. If I did, it would probably be a PS2 just for a few innovative games I’d like to try.

Nintendo has given me over the years, experiences gaming ever. Particularly in their multi-player games. The hours playing Mario Kart (SNES, N64 and GC) or Mario Party have been my best multi-player gaming experiences to date.

People love to say you can’t survive on first party titles alone, and it has seemed to me that Nintendo has been doing that for their last two systems, and getting more money poured into their bags by the GBA/GBA SP, and been doing just fine. I don’t mind waiting around till the next Zelda or Mario, or Metroid comes along. Chances are it’s going to be a good, solid game experience. They’ve been so successfull at doing that, no reason to project doom for them until they stop producing quality, and using their franchises to innovate genres.

I guess if I was a multi-console guy, I’d have a lot fewer Cube games, but it’s doing fine by me. Or maybe I’m just not hardcore enough for the game per week thing (I play video/computer games maybe 4-6 hours per week). I just picked up SSX 3 and am enjoying it a lot.

I’m looking forward to Pikmin 2, Mario Tennis, Baten Kaidos, Paper Mario, Xmen, Viewtiful Joe 2, and Mario Party 6. Those games will be quite enough to satisfy me for at least 6 months.

You may now make fun of me.

nyah nyah
neener neener neener