A Good Rental for Tonight

I’ve seen just about every large release in the local Rogers video store. Anything sorta new I should see that I might have missed? I think they might have Winged Migration, a good rental?

Also, the website says that have the Tenacious D Masterworks, but they don’t have it in the store. Any good?

I enjoyed seeing Winged Migration in a movie theatre. I know I enjoyed it more because I had no idea what to expect. It was Saturday and that tends to be “art/independant” movie day.

I would recommend checking it out.

Totally enjoyed Winged Migration, although at times I felt like I was watching Koyaanisqatsi with birds. Lots of birds.

I think the joy of Winged Migration hinges partly on not knowing how they did it. I didn’t realize the process* until I’d watched the featurette on the DVD. If I’d known in advance, it would have still been amazing, but not ‘HOLY SHIT, HOW DID THEY DO THAT?’ amazing.

-Tom
  • Highlight below to read the spoiler:
    [color=white] The birds were raised by the filmmakers specifically so they could get close to them with camera-carrying ultralights. [/color]

Wrong color! :D

He wants #DEE3E7. Ah, the things you can do with Photoshop.

• Alan

Well, yeah, but the color is light enough – and the “spoiler” is mild enough – that’s you can glance right past the text. :)

-Tom