A meta thread for video streaming services - Netflix, Hulu, Disney, HBO, Warner, Prime, AppleTV, etc

Bluey Season 2 is out on Disney. It’s better then the first season.

6 months of Apple TV+ for all PS5 owners.

Edit: though when I try to install the Apple TV+ app on my PS5 it says it’s only playable on PS4.

Edit2: Fixed - must have been that global issue with Akamai.

I got a 12 month free trial of Apple TV with my new iPad. They only give six with a phone?

I remember reading they cut it back recently, maybe you were just before the cutoff.

The difference for this PS5 promo is that it’s open even to people who already had a free Apple TV+ promotion in the past. Typically they haven’t stacked.

I only got 3 with my recent phone upgrade

Why does Hulu make it so hard to find out what is new on their platform? They don’t have a “latest additions” category of any kind that I can find.

Maybe they don’t add much stuff and don’t want you to know it.

Sample Warhammer+ animation up today only.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/08/21/24-hours-only-watch-a-free-episode-of-hammer-and-bolter/

Actual service will be launched later this week at $60/year or $5.99/month and will include animations, model painting shows, access to the Warhammer digital app, White Dwarf back issues (although as I understand it only a few years will be available at launch), and an annual miniature.

The Tick animated series has arrived on Hulu! That’s all!

OOh, Ooh, Chairface Chippendale! American Maid! Der Fleidermaus (probably spelled wrong)!

The Midnight Bomber What Bombs at Midnight!

“Surf’s up, space ponies! I’m making gravy without the lumps!”

Sling is raising rates another $5 a month. Still a good deal. Been with them for about 9 months and will stick for now.

Well crap. Locast, the non profit local television streaming service, was just ordered to shut down. The service had integrated nicely with Sling and the TIVO 4K Steam, but now has ceased broadcasting.

So much for the donation I made.

Wow, that was quick. Last night they said they’d keep going but without the donation nag screens. I wonder what changed.

Unfortunate for me; our local Fox affiliate broadcasts on VHF-Hi and is far enough away I can’t pick it up without installing a huge antenna in my attic. Locast was great for watching sports.

Just finished the first and currently only season of Almost Paradise. IMDBTv through Amazon Prime. It’s a fairly typical guy not affiliated with the local police helping them out show, but I enjoyed it. If you are a fan of Christian Kane from Leverage and The Librarians, I suggest checking it out.

Holy shit?! All of it?!

OMG it is all of it. All three seasons. MARVELOUS.

I watched a couple of episodes and while I enjoyed it, it is a pretty ordinary by-the-numbers police show.

Bummer! This might have been fun.

I wonder if it was truly amicable or if that’s just PR spin.

Speaking of Ms Waller-Bridge, is Fleabag coming back at all or were the two seasons it? I loved that show (it doesn’t hurt that she’s a tall drink of water).