A new direction for Dawn of War 3

Hey, so tonight I’d like to stream some skirmishes with real people. Is anyone up to being on stream and comms with me tonight playing DoW3? It would be around 730-8 Central time

I’d love to, but I am bringing folks home from the airport tonight and probably won’t be home in time. If I do, I’ll look for you.

curse you and the fact that you’re a stand-up guy.

Thinking I may stream something else due to, what appears to be an extreme lack of interest

I’d play but I suck and I still haven’t beaten the first campaign mission on normal.

You should stream Awesomenauts. :)

This is why you have not beaten the first mission on normal. :)

Oh man, I haven’t played Awesomenauts in a long time. I’d get so destroyed.

Because you haven’t got round to it or because it was too hard? I’m playing on normal and it seems rather on the easy side so far, as long as you keep your “Elite” healthy.

I haven’t gone back due to time and other games. :)

I bought like 10 games in the last week, lol.

I would’ve volunteered, despite being horrible and, having not learned the tech tree yet but my schedule w work and kids is kinda brutal during the week.

I’ll try to do something this weekend! I think it would be fun to get a skirmish together.

You picked a bad night though - Tuesdays (at least in my house) are jam packed with the best shows that night!

Keith Hernandez?

I finished the first mission on Normal!

Focused on keeping GA alive and I finished with him at 20% health and a squad of assault marines with 2 guys alive.

I’m liking this game. I haven’t played too much yet, just one online match and three skirmishes, but the general idea is really appealing to me. The pace feels a lot more manageable than DoW 2 which I found overwhelmingly fast. I’m micro-ing units in combat in DoW 3 to avoid abilities, triggering crazy abilities on heroes, and shielding allies as they run away in a way I usually feel I’m not fast enough to pull off in RTS games.

I also like that hero abilities I’ve played with so far have been pretty straight forward. Like MOBA character abilities, they’re easy to find effective uses for and pretty easy to see some cool tricky ones as well.

On the base side, I don’t accrue resources fast enough to fall too behind on unit construction. It’s also pretty easy to queue up a few unit constructions mid-battle while waiting for a good ability opportunity to pop up.

My biggest complaint so far is the matches feel a little long to me. I’m guessing it’s because I’m new and new players don’t know how to close matches, so they linger longer than they should.

I returned it after about 3 hours of play. I played the tutorials and the first 2 campaign missions but I didn’t try any skirmishes or online. The game runs poorly on my 2 year old laptop and I was having trouble with the control scheme and hot keys. Seemed a little too micro-y for my aging fingers.

I did reinstall DOW2 though, and that game holds up preys well. Can’t believe it’s been8 years!

I’d be up for some multiplayer. Don’t expect anything good from me though. Still learning. Suspect I’ll be learning for a long time…

What you folks like to try to stream some skirmish with me this weekend? Who has a better schedule?

Let’s do a poll for day and time

• Friday 7PM EDT
  • Friday 9PM EDT
  • Friday 11PM EDT
  • Saturday 2PM EDT
  • Saturday 4PM EDT
  • Saturday 6PM EDT
  • Saturday 8PM EDT
  • Saturday 10PM EDT
  • Sunday 2PM EDT
  • Sunday 4PM EDT
  • Sunday 6PM EDT
  • Sunday 8PM EDT

0 voters

You put a poll up so I felt compelled to pick a spot, but I have a lot of flexibility this weekend. I plan to play DoW campaign, some MP, and also earn some loot boxes in HotS. Just give me a heads up on your plans. If I had to pick bad times it would be early Friday evening, or 1 to 3 ish Sat /Sun. As usual, the main problem will probably be that I’m west coast.

That poll was stupid.

Is anyone available Saturday evening?