A new direction for Dawn of War 3

Assuming “evening” is after 3 for a West Coaster, sure.

…I’m not sure whose evening starts BEFORE 3 for a west coaster

Ha ha, you’re trying to play Dawn of War 3.

-Tom

I’m taking the kids to see Guardians of the Galaxy Sat evening. I’d probably be able to play later that night. Maybe 10:30 or 11 EST

Quiet, you

That works for me, mono. @Chaplin and everyone else? 11 Eastern?

I’ll be around if you need cannon fodder.

:)

Ok, 7:30 to 8 Pacific. Sounds good.

The servitors have been instructed to set vox caster channels to Discord Chaplin717#0405. In the Emperor’s name.

By the time I got home, kids to bed, etc, I was a bit fried. I did hop on to DoW3 after 11, but realized I didn’t Steam friend you guys. Sorry, Chaplain, I should’ve checked this thread to see your Discord ID!
I’ll add it now, so that we can get something going soon.

How did the stream turn out? I was just too sick last night to play.

Colonel McMaster had to shoot some fleeing cowards with his las pistol. Sleep and cough drops are the way to Chaos.

Quite a sizable patch:

While a patch was desperately needed to counter the entrenched meta, I am not sure this was it. It doesn’t read like it. Doctrines were barely touched and true damage still seems able to cripple their hard counter system. It seems like. It can be more spammy now. We’ll see I guess.

At least Tactical Marines got a buff.

Maybe. It is hard to tell because it looks like they moved a decimal from the codex numbers, but it seems like they just have similar ranged and better melee than other line ranged troops. They still take and give normal damage while being nearly twice the cost of other line ranged troops. Still, I look forward to trying it all out.

Kudos to the devs for listening to the community. The update drops in one week.

was the cutscene and music budget drastically cut for this one? seemed to be much fewer in-game-engine scenes even–just dry ‘radio play style’ voiceover briefings between the mission action.

Are people feeling better about this than they did at launch? Steam has given me a 50% off coupon. Wondering if it is worth it at $30.

If I could go back in time, I still would not spend $30 on it. YMMV, though.