A Penny Arcade strip you like and why

i like the noses alot

What nose? I see a horrible hole on her face where her nose USED to be …

i like the noses

Anyone have Dave Perkins’ email? He’s been hacked.

help i cant control myself from having an opinion about the noses

Derail: the people in the know generally make their living coming up with new interpretations of old literature, so they have a vested interest in working within a framework that lets them ignore any pesky thing the author happens to say. :P

Back on topic: the noses are pretty bad. Wasn’t there a strip a week or two ago where all the noses weren’t closed, colored shapes? I guess Gabe tried it again and decided he still could give it a pass.

Dave,

Have you, by chance, recently tried to fuck any bears? Does the idea of bear-fucking sound surprisingly normal to you now, compared to how it might have sounded six, twelve, or eighteen months ago? Have you had your partner dress as a bear, make bear noises, or ingest parts of your body in the manner of a bear?

These are standard questions I have for everyone I interact with. You aren’t being singled out in any way.

i wish that bears had these noses

Please state your opinion of this image:

i like the noses

I like the “403 Forbidden” text.

thats not a nose, noses are somewhat near the center of a face, and that thing/hole is on the left side of her face

theres a point in some artist life that you can draw anything and it will just look good. but you must not abuse that. I think gabe abused this power here

i like nose abuse

postdata:

this comic has fantastic composition and art

How hard is a fucking nose to draw? Just draw a side ways fucking U and call it done. It’s just a single black fucking line! Goddamn.

here i drew a nose

c

Got your nose.

Dammit. That was a picture of some bears. The fat, gay kind of bears. But they were just standing around, you couldn’t even see their lower bodies. But you could see their noses, and I guess that’s what Imageshack took offense to.

I’m not in any way an artist. Terrible at it, actually. But it seems to me the bigger problem is the fact that the nose is colored darker than the rest of the face. That’s what makes it look like a hole.

Generally, don’t things that stick out get lighter shading, because they see more light (and therefore, things that are in crevices, etc., get darker shading, because they’re, well, shadowed)? Isn’t that a basic rule of art/composition?

“Listen man. You just don’t, like, understand his art, okay? Just like, back off, man. It’s just an opinion, man.”

–An internet bearfucker