A Penny Arcade strip you like and why

Strictly speaking, it’s not exactly the same as cheating since it isn’t just sex with another guy - it’s sex with another guy AND Tycho. Some people are into that kind of thing.

Also, given that his wife and the new guy are both clothed, I assume they were prepping for an introductions/are-you-okay-with-this? kind of thing. I assume that there was a vague “are you ready for a surprise” romantic comedy discussion and then Tycho burst out of the bathroom / closet fully horsed and ready to go.

Alternatively, my other read was that “something new” was one of those hilariously / epically cruel-break-up-on-Valetines-Day “we should see other people” kind of thing. We’d have to see if he gets divorced in the upcoming weeks for that interpretation to play out though.

I totally saw it like Wheeljack (his first option).

They don’t do continuity. Well, not usually, anyway, but the usual thing is that they stab each other to death over watch one day and it’s forgotten the next, like the many deaths of Kenny.

Arguably, they have broad-strokes sitcom continuity. Like the fact that Tycho has a wife at all. I was mostly joking though.

True. The Fruit Fucker continues to exist as well, and has some sort of history. It’s sort of a many-worlds strip, where the most probable timeline is the broad continuity, but we see the many possible cases where Gabe shoots Tycho on a hunting trip, or the wives throw the Fruit Fucker into a river and he ends up on a tropical island filled with fruit.

I didn’t realize having a flaccid, uncircumcised penis dangling where your nose should be was the prevailing standard of male attractiveness.

I didn’t notice the shape of the nose because it wasn’t bright orange.

I am so confused.

Is this a meta thread where people act like they’re being all pretentious and shit about the quality of a web comic, but they’re really just trying to one up each other on feigned pretentiousness, and I’m just missing the joke?

Or are you people really not joking?

Cocks, dicks, LOL.

I REST MY CASE.

I believe it’s some combination of serious, feigned, and kidding on the square.

Can I not be pretentious, serious, AND joking all at the same time? Or at least two of the three? It’s called multi-tasking people!

This thread is SERIOUS BUSINESS!

Not a single image in the whole page. This forum is committed.

Probably already posted but this one gave me a good chuckle.

This is the first time in your life you’ve encountered a “WTF myrrh” joke? Seriously?

THIS IS THE FIRST TIME FOR ME

Honest to goodness, Zylon, I thought I was the only one going “wtf is up with that” in Church as a kid. That comic was sort of a “oh, fuck, I’m NOT crazy” moment for me on a very minor scale (insofar as I probably hadn’t thought of the ridiculousness of the gift since the last time I went to a church many years ago).

He said it gave him a good chuckle, not that it was the first time he saw a joke like that… there is a difference.

(pedantry follows) It isn’t all that ridiculous—Exodus describes myrrh as an ingredient in the oil used to anoint priests and eventually kings.