A Penny Arcade strip you like and why

Well, again, the joke was about Polygon specifically, not that particular review, which came out after the comic. They were merely extrapolating a prediction based on all prior evidence :)

This one gave me a laff.

This one got a chuckle out of me.

The last one was amusing:

Ah, pre-head-bulge Tycho. I miss those days

There’s a period around, eh, I’m gonna say 2005 where I think the art more or less peaked for me. Maybe as late as 2007. Their archives are frustratingly annoying to use.

I know this is digging an old thread back up but I’ve seen some comments over the last few months about unfunny PA strips and I had to think to myself, well what’s the last one I saw that really made me laugh? And it’s going back a ways but I still think this Professor Layton strip is the funniest:

Gabe’s hair. What the fuck? Eventually it will just be a three black panels with word balloons.

This one speaks to me.

But why is the hair so big, though. That’s the important thing. How someone dares to use non-realistic proportions in a cartoon. Is there anything that is still sacred, anymore?

What the fuck are the teeth in his lower jaw doing? Devouring his lip?

How someone dares to use non-realistic proportions in a cartoon. Is there anything that is still sacred, anymore? ;)

I get that cartoons don’t have to look realistic (otherwise Calvin would have a serious medical problem) but Tycho’s head tumor still bugs me.

I haven’t seen a Penny Arcade strip in years that wasn’t posted in one of the threads here, but I still say “I haff tvelve metchsteek” on occasion.

Fuck you!

Ha, I should have clicked back up to see what you were replying to. I just clicked into this thread for the first time out of curiosity and scrolled to the bottom and the reply came out as a matter of course. Probably my favorite strip they ever did.

It’s by far the most, laser focused, teeny tiny, pop culture reference ever. It lands so well.

For the record, that reply got a big laugh out of me.