A Perfect Circle - Thirteenth Step... Comments?

Anyone heard APC’s new album? I have it pre-ordered but I decided to give it a little preview. So after a little searching I downloaded it and spent some time listening… Wow :shock:

Much darker then ‘Mer De Noms’, and I think much deeper (at least lyrically).

My favorite tracks so far are The Noose, The Outsider, and The Nurse who Loved Me. Nurse especially (“She’s got everything I need… pharmacy keys”). I wonder though if this album will enjoy the same level of success as the first. Aside from the dark tone it also has a lot Tool-esq weirdness, which might turn off the fans of the more mainstream ‘Noms’.

So anyone else heard it yet?

Is it coming out tomorrow? After they moved the release from August, I lost track of it. I have only heard the single released. Pretty good. I’ll be getting it regardless.

Which to pick up first: Perfect Circle…Limp Bizkit
Such a tough choice.

I think one of the nicest things napster ever did for me was randomly churn up a brief, closed acoustic session of APC at some studio named Ozone (I think). And all I was looking for were some more versions of their “Ashes” cover…

Thanks for the heads up. I didn’t see them live three times to lose track now.

If you look around cough Kazaa-lite cough you can find live acoustic versions of Sleeping Beauty, Three Libras, and The Hollow. I think they were recorded at a radio station in Philadelphia. They play them differently then on the album. I think they’re pretty cool and worth looking for if you’re a fan.

Once again, I’m forced to reccomend suicide. Kill yourself, it’s the only way.

:twisted:

Just yankin’ your chain. While I was a big fan of the first Bizkit CD, the Nookie CD was the last I bought.

Yeah that’s probably what I meant. All my stuff is in storage for the near future, so I am unable to check these things out.

The Outsider is probably my fave song on the CD.

Im pretty excited about this CD… there has been a huge lack of APC out there (considering their first CD was like 45 minutes long).

Anyhoo… I was at their show last week in Toronto’s Opera House… and it was quite something. They played Weak and Powerless (of course) and “Blue” from the new album.
The crowd was crazy the whole time and this album should be quite good. (and hopefully longer)

That song totally took my by surprise when I first heard it. Failure is an interesting band to cover, and I’ve heard that it’s MJK’s favorite band, too. I like the original version better, though.

“Mer de Noms” took me a few listens to really get into. “Thirteenth Step” took me two. Happy happy joy joy!

I can’t wait till I can pick it up used.

I found out it was a cover when I was Googling for guitar tabs and was taken to a Failure fansite. I agree with the Failure version being… well, at least more listen-able (although I prefer Maynard’s singing on the APC cover).

So is Failure popular band? I’d never even heard of them untill a few days ago. Do they have any other cool songs?

[quote=“Bleeding_Edge”]

I found out it was a cover when I was Googling for guitar tabs and was taken to a Failure fansite. I agree with the Failure version being… well, at least more listen-able (although I prefer Maynard’s singing on the APC cover).

So is Failure popular band? I’d never even heard of them untill a few days ago. Do they have any other cool songs?[/quote]

Failure broke up about 5 years ago. I don’t think they were ever popular; I wasn’t into them when they were around, anyway. I got into the band after hearing their cover of Depeche Mode’s ‘Enjoy the Silence’ on the Depeche Mode tribute album. It’s a really good song…really thick with distortion. Try to download it if you can.

Ifyou want to give Failure a shot, pick up their album ‘Fantastic Planet’. It’s got quite a few good songs on it. Also, be sure to check out ‘On’. After Failure broke up, the lead singer released an album under that moniker. Lots of fun, electronic-rock music.

I got a kick out of seeing ‘Nurse…’ on the new APC album because one of the members of Failure. (Troy something or other) was/is a guitar player in APC. Go figure.

Just got it. $9.99 at Best Buy.

Thanks for supporting the RIAA. Would you like to sue a 12-year-old girl with that?

Jesus fellas, a boycott doesn’t work when all it takes is one kickass CD to break your willpower.

If everyone bought CDs at a $9.99 price point instead of $18.99, I’m guesing the RIAA would feel it well enough. I bought this CD for $15 from a local “indie” music retailer. The way I see it, probably $3 of that went to the retailer, so I supported a local music shop with $3. The other $12 is what I am willing to pay for a really good CD, politics be damned.

I’m pretty happy with it so far. I think I may end up liking it better than Mer De Noms. I’m finding it really insidious in a good way. I’ve found myself humming a few of the tracks without thinking about it after only a couple of listens and that’s usually a good sign for me.

If everyone bought CDs at a $9.99 price point instead of $18.99, I’m guesing the RIAA would feel it well enough. I bought this CD for $15 from a local “indie” music retailer. The way I see it, probably $3 of that went to the retailer, so I supported a local music shop with $3. The other $12 is what I am willing to pay for a really good CD, politics be damned.[/quote]

We have no indie retailers in my area. They have been forced out of business.

Is there a boycott going on? Who am I supposed to be boycotting. I guess I have been out of the loop and not reading the right threads. Is it a Qt3 boycott or worldwide? Seriously, I have not kept up. Not that I give a shit. If we had an independent dealer, I would be in there once a week as I was with the old one here in B’ham. If I pick up all my CDs for between $9.99 and $12.99 at Target or Best Buy, then I am fat and happy.

P.S. What a great voice Maynard has.

Woohoo! PC is coming to little ol’ Birmingham in November. Considering our Rock stations run along the Blink 182/Train/Matchbox 20 lines, I am pleasantly surprised and may have…yep, I just wet myself.