A Plague Tale: Innocence (2019)

Another game on my radar, sort of looks like an interactive walking sim with some stealth from what I’ve seen. This comes out on 5/14/19. Focus Home Interactive the publisher must have had a lot of leftover rats from Vampyr. :D

Key features:

• An original story featuring two young orphans on the run from the Inquisition.
  • A gameplay that blends action, adventure and stealth phases.
  • Survive against an great danger: supernatural swarms of rats that appeared with the great plague

Stunning Visuals? ;)

Story Trailer:

Steam:

This developer apparently has issues with crunch time?

Another write up of some gameplay and story:

Some footage from Gamescom last year:

Moar footage:

I’m hoping this comes to Game Pass or Humble Bundle or something because I think this looks interesting and probably worth trying, but I’m not sure I want to cough up full price.

Ok , I am thinking this might end up a day 1 purchase for me.

Launches Tomorrow!

Decent reviews for this , holding 80 on the average.

Tom ended up streaming this for 2 hours, it indeed is something I will be getting eventually.

@tomchick I’d love to see a review since you seem to really have enjoyed this game so far.

Also this RPS video was good:

Ack its from May 10th, heh, still good.

Played through the first 3 chapters so far, it’s pretty good. The game is downright gorgeous and I’m liking Amicia and Hugo. Love the setting and atmosphere, and you can turn off all the on-screen icons for more immersion.

I was wondering about that. I watched part of Tom’s stream the other night, and I found that pretty distracting. Good to know. Thanks!

That video gave me chills!

So, anyone bought the game? I’m reading very positive impressions of the game in other places, but nothing here!

Tom really enjoyed his 2 hours with it the other night. And its on my to buy list. :)

I forget if @Jason_McMaster bought or not. I don’t have time to check out his twitch replays right now.

Got it as a gift, but it might take a while until I actually play it.

Yeah, I bought it, and enjoyed it. The gameplay is pretty slight, but the character work is really good and carried the day.

I finished it up yesterday. The gameplay was pretty basic, but they kept it enjoyable throughout. I liked the characters a lot and the story was pretty good, though they left a couple things unexplained. Kept me entertained throughout its 13 hours though.

It’s a fun, well polished game with great graphics and voice acting. Fairly basic, which I like, kind of a God of War lite. The rats/light mechanism is cool, and taking out enemies’ lanterns with the slingshot never gets old. Don’t think it’s quite worth full price, but I think the developers need to have a win with this title.