A Plague Tale: Innocence (2019)

Photo mode coming soon!

Picked this up for 25% off a week ago and love it. Beautiful game, somewhat simplistic gameplay mechanics, but that just promotes my enjoyment of sitting back and taking in its amazing visuals and interesting setting.

A demo has been added to Steam now.

I also recently picked this up during the 40% off sale at Humble, hope to give it a go over the week ahead.

Played the trial now on Xbox, and bought it right away. The gameplay seems basic, and stealth games are not normally my cup of tea, but the setting, graphics, voice acting and corresponding atmosphere are all top notch.

Finished this up the other day, it’s really good. A big surprise coming from Asobo, to think MS Flight Simulator is their followup game, what a weird studio. They got some good creatives they should embrace that more as opposed to all the mercenary/licensing work they do.

Starting chapter 3 now, its really good. @jpinard I see you just started playing this also! Fantastic looking levels so far.

That is purdy. Maybe it will come to PC Gamepass.

Game is gorgeous, with every detail being amazing. I’m on Chapter 8 now I think.

I joined EA Origin Access for a month to play Jedi Fallen Order and just realized A Plague Tale is on it too. Bonus!

Along with (Madden, Tropico 6, Unravel 2, Ghost of a Tale and Pyre)

Into chapter 5 we go, such a unique game. The more I play the more it reminds me of Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons.

A few more pics, mild level spoilers, so avoid clicking if you don’t want to see what the chapters ahead look like.

Pics

Premier or Basic tier?

Premier.

I just started chapter 3 and, wow. The story and characters are very well done. Very good at conveying their emotions. I’m not sure how much I like the game play part or it yet. It is kind of exhausting to play. The presentation is top notch. My frame rate jumps around quite a bit.

I like to have a general idea of how long a game will take, so I use how long to beat and look at a chapter list so I know about how far along I am. I must play this much more slowly that typical. I’m averaging about 1+ hours per chapter. I just started chapter 6. This sure is a gruesome game. Very well done though. I really feel for these kids.

Wow, this was one of my favorite computer game stories. The villain was kinda of cartoon villain, but the rest of the characters were very good. Such a great looking game too. I even grew to like most of the gameplay elements. There were some places that got tedious or dragged on too long from a stealth / combat standpoint. Overall a very good experience though.

Wrapped this up tonight and surprisingly really enjoyed it. I say surprisingly because I really don’t like games on rails. I finished Uncharted 2 back in the day and the false sense of tension really turned me off. Plague had a little of that but I liked the story and got attached to the characters. It was weird that I would play for a bit, turn it off and do something else for 20 minutes come back and repeat. Thinking the good but ominous music, bleak world and the 10000000 corpse’s could only be taken in small chucks.

I’ve been playing this game ever since it got on Xbox Game Pass and while I’m enjoying it quite a bit, I can’t quite shake the feeling of - “Wow, this is pretty high body count we’re racking up to save an ungrateful kid” that takes me out being super engaged. I think I would have enjoyed it more if there was less direct confrontation with the inquisition

I like the cast of kids you pick up along the way though.

I finished this last night, played it through the week and so not a huge time commitment. I liked it overall, it’s very pretty and an interesting enough story but the mechanics were a little uninteresting. The whole light/dark dynamic put me in mind of Alan Wake with a bunch more stealth. Still, a pretty good time, and a good use of Game Pass.

Started this up yesterday and I LOVE it. I think this game does for me what God of War and Last of Us did for others (and didn’t do for me). It’s beautiful, sad, disgusting, creepy (teetering on the edge of how much creepyness I can handle) and sweet.
Played til 4 AM in the morning, didn’t even notice time going by. Looking forward to finishing it!

I don’t know, I kind of making a sport out of killing as few soldiers as possible, always taking the pacifist way unless there’s no other option. After you get the sleeping potion it’s pretty easy to do that as well.