A QT3 on Discourse User Script

Ahahahahahah yessssss

Does the first post here need some updates since user themes have arrived?

For sure, I’ve been busy. I’ll update it when I update the script.

The first post should be edited, as this option doesn’t make sense any more.

Yep, still need to update the script to remove theming and the original YouTube fix

OK, edited the script and removed the obsoleted things. Thanks for getting themes into Discourse and rolling my fullscreen video fix into there too.

Re:

@RichVR

Have your restarted your browser yet after installing GreaseMonkey?

Just noticed this. Looks like I need to copy the script again. Thanks @arrendek

If you use TamperMonkey or GreaseMonkey it should auto update unless you disable that functionality.

I’ve had Greasemonkey installed for a while. My browser has restarted numerous times. :)

Apparently it’s a Firefox/GM bug:

You could click the GreaseMonkey head in the FF menu thing (top right), click “New user script” and then copy/paste the raw js into that, overwriting the bit of boilerplate code that they put into the script. That should work.

However, it looks like there’s an issue with the script in the new FF at the moment too. I’ll debug and update the thread.

Thanks for your help. Yeah I tried the straight cut and paste and that didn’t work either. Sorry to be a bother.

Sorry I made a fix for the new thing but I’ve been waiting for raw.github to update so I can test.

And that attempted fix broke some Discourse stuff so it’s out. Might need to wait for a GreaseMonkey update since a feature I need is not re-implemented at the moment. Per their release notes:

November 2, 2017 [3]

Greasemonkey was rewritten almost completely from scratch, based on WebExtensions (“a new browser extension API; a cross-browser system for developing extensions”). Due to the hard deadline that Firefox 57 (which supports only the WebExtensions API) Greasemonkey 4.0 was released with several features missing. Further releases in the (near) future should add most or all of Greasemonkey’s older features back.

Well at least now I know why I can’t see dates and can see ignored users posts when I’m using Qt3 via FF back home ;-)

Yep. I don’t use FF much at all so if you notice something break let me know and I’ll take a gander.

Thanks again. I can wait. You roxxor.

Greasemonkey fixed the issue with GitHub about a month ago and I just noticed it. Had to add another little thing to get it to work but the script should be working in FireFox once again. Go up there and click the link and it should do it’s install thing.

Edit: Nevermind it broke half the site doing that. UGH I’ll look at it tonight. :/

If you’re staring at a broken QT3, then force update my script in Greasemonkey/TamperMonkey and it’ll work again.

Edit: Fixed again.

In case you won’t notice that last edit, it’s now working for FF and doesn’t break everything. Clearly the best of both worlds.

Note: GreaseMonkey looks like it waits a lot longer before executing user scripts compared to TamperMonkey, so you might notice a delay before the script changes are available, like 30 seconds sometimes. I think it depends on how fast your system pulls down all the js, css, etc that the site requires. For me it hangs extra long because of my security settings that won’t let it resolve any analytics/tracking URLs and those take a bit to timeout and only then will this user script run.

Thanks, as always, @arrendek. Your script is a lifesaver!