A story of interracial adoption

Congrats Talisker!

Wife and I are friends with another couple who’ve adopted two black babies and, yes, they get some odd looks quite frequently. Their kids are roughly the same age as my two, so they all play together.

How do you plan on dealing with the adoption issue? Just “We’re your parents and that’s that” until she’s old enough to engage with the idea?

You do look like a very proud father in your picture though. Speaking as a man of girth, it could be my girth talking, and it’s saying that you’re proud as all that girth sums up to a proud look. But apart from that, you look proud.

Congrats!

I’ve had a hell of a time finding cool clothes for Éamon. Brick and mortar stores are a wasteland, unless you believe that 1) all boys should dress in pastel blue, and 2) only dog-themed clothing is appropriate for boys. Seriously, I think about 30-40% of all the clothing we have received as gifts has dogs on it, and we aren’t even dog people. It’s not the gift-giver’s fault–go to a baby store and try finding cat-themed clothing that doesn’t come in pink. (Hint: you won’t).

Online, you’ll have more luck. I’ve found a lot of great stuff on Etsy, My Baby Rocks, Thinkgeek, and Baby Wit. I think we did pretty well getting him new outfits for Christmas…

The grandparents, OTOH, got him an outfit with a bulldog on it. In blue velour. Sweet Jesus.

I don’t think it’s appropriate to talk about a judge that way.

Man, you make me want to have a kid more just to be able to dress him/her in awesome clothing. It wasn’t as bad as you describe for us… but your picks above just rocks!

My wife does her best to dress our son up in cool clothes, but he has a good helping of the typical “cute boy” clothes. Also, her idea of cool is anything rock and roll. If she could dress him like he was in a hair band in the 80’s she would. I’m more of the above type style (except for the Trek shirt). They are great choices!

I love the curious George duds, Ben!