Aaero - Excellent entry in the Rez genre

Hahahah. Definitely the dubstep gun from Saints Row. :)

I’m always thinking about this game at various times of the day. I randomly thought today: It’s been a long time, maybe they released more songs or announced a sequel?

So I sought it out online, and hey, guess what, there’s another song pack that came out in August! Woohoo! When I get home today, that will be the first thing I want to check out. Oh, and it seems like people were bummed that there were no hidden things and secrets in the last 3 songs (DLC) released, so in this pack, they added secrets to those songs. So that’s an excuse for me to replay those songs again too.

I played the three new songs in the new DLC last night. They are excellent! Much better than the three songs in the first DLC I think. All 3 concentrate on vocals for the ribbon, and they’re very nice soothing vocals.

One of the songs even incorporates the little warning sound into the music, you know that little warning sound you hear when an enemy is firing at you? It’s perfectly timed to layer onto the music in this song.

Is that a good thing? Seems like you would constantly be on alert thinking you’re getting shot at when it’s just the song.

No, I’m saying they’ve programmed the enemy ships to come in at the precise moments when them firing and you hearing the warning sound perfect matches the rhythm of the music. (You then destroy the incoming fire and the ships a second later).

I know I said I’m done, but I keep returning to this game whenever I have 5 spare minutes in front of the TV. I finally managed to get all the stars on Advanced mode.

The only achievement left to get is to get all the Stars in Master mode. A 100 point achievement I’ll likely never get. But that’s what I used to think about getting all the Advanced Stars, so who knows.

I played this game on Series X, and it runs smoothly without any frame rate hits,which makes it smoother and a lot easier.

I got the last 7 stars I needed on Master difficulty today and got the last achievement. Woo! One of my rare completed games. It only took me almost 3 years.

I went to Mad Fellows website again to see if they’ve announced what they’re working on next. Last time I checked a year ago, there was nothing.

Today I found this:

Woohoo!

So a couple of games during the E3 Season said they had demos available, Lies of P and the new Alone in the Dark, so I went looking in the demo section on Xbox, which is not easy to find.

As you might guess if you did a crazy thing and read this thread, there’s an Aaero 2 demo on there! Woohoo! It has two songs, and I played them both tonight, it was so great to go back to this game again.

Unfortunately there’s a message from the two developers before the demo saying they have a lot of work left to do, so don’t expect the full game any time soon. :( Ah phooey.