Abel in September

(Apologies in advance for hijacking a small part of these boards for my own self-promotion.)

There are a lot of comic book fans/readers on this board, so I wanted to point out that my graphic novel Abel (which was illustrated by Mark Bloodworth) is being released this September by AiT/PlanetLar. (They also publish Warren Ellis, Steven Grant, and many others.) The book sports a cover by Brian (Channel Zero) Wood and the afterword is by World Fantasy Award-winning author Rachel Pollack.

Anyway, if this looks like something you might be interested in, please bug your comic shop about it or pre-order it through Amazon. This is actually a reissue, so a few of you (like Bub) may have read the original edition.

If you want more info, please visit my site. I now return you to your regularly scheduled comic debate–why Morrison’s X-Men sucks. :-)

Thanks!
Billy

Abel info: www.williamharms.com/abel.html

Ordering code for comic shops: JUL 02 1749

Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/1932051015/qid%3D1025061787/ref%3Dsr_11_0_1/102-6942186-5676941

I do have it and it’s signed!
Guys, honestly, it’s a good read. As I remember, and I read it 2 years ago, it’s got a mature Twilight Zone meets John Steinbeck kind of vibe to it.

Congrats on getting lined up with AiT/PlanetLar. Larry Young is Good People. He’s also a mean whiskey drinker.

Hi William,

Been a while since we talked. The graphic novel sounds great…I will check it out.

Thanks for the kind words, everyone. And you’re right, Thierry, Larry is a great guy.

Just wanted to remind everyone that my graphic novel Abel was released yesterday by AiT/PlanetLar. If you’re into comics, I’d definitely appreciate your support.

For more information: www.williamharms.com/abel.html

Thanks!

And again, I recommend that you do. Abel is actually much better than Williams much higher profile work on Marvel’s old Ren & Stimpy comic.

*That sentence functions as a tiny/affectionate barb to Bill, a joke, and a truism! Trifecta!