Abolish the TSA

Looks like national media is picking it up. Good. USA Today leads with racial profiling but includes some choice quotes:

However, the FBI never ordered anyone arrested, cuffed, locked up or strip-searched, said Special Agent Sandra Berchtold, spokeswoman for the FBI Detroit bureau.

Detroit airport police and U.S. Homeland Security personnel did not return phone calls from the Register Tuesday.

A Washington Post reporter later told Hebshi that she had been taken into custody by mistake – that authorities had meant to detain only the two men.
Great, now these jerks will get free paid training and extra funding.

You Don’t Need to Grab that Brown Woman in the Same Row, 1 week, offsite location, lunch provided.

No snow globes!

http://www.cnn.com/2011/10/11/opinion/granderson-air-travel-absurdity/index.html?hpt=hp_c1

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow/florida-teen-detained-tsa-design-her-purse-221835034.html

Yet again TSA agents show no common sense.

“She was like, ‘This is a federal offense because it’s in the shape of a gun,’” Gibbs said.

Mind-boggling. Is there even an intelligence test for TSA employees?

Hahahaha
No.

Of course not, they are government employees, intelligence is discouraged as it leads to thinking, which then leads to questioning what you are being instructed to do.

Last post was pure troll, second to last post was great content. Some consistency please, Brett!

The only trolling post today in this thread is your post.

So Brett just dissed every NASA employee, all those who work in the FDA, USDA and NIH plus all the members of our Armed Forces in a single post!

Way to go, Brett!

I don’t even know what to think. Because this makes sense to me as a behavior. For a robot. A soulless entity whose entire intelligence is confined to the limited set of rules that were hammered into its brains before it was activated and loosed upon the world. Technically the purse probably did violate the letter of the replica weapon rule, at least arguably. I could imagine SecurityBot 5000 refusing to allow somebody to carry it through a checkpoint. What I don’t understand is why or how a human would make that same decision. The only explanation that even makes a little sense to me is that whasserface the purse girl said something to the agent that pissed him off or maybe the agent just didn’t like pregnant 17 year old girls or whatever and this is how he chose to get back at her, which strikes me as a decision so monumentally stupid that I have a hard time reconciling it with continued voluntary control of his muscles.

And it only took $56 Billion to create this unnecessary, clownshoe bureaucracy.

Is that better or worse than the average federal jobs program?

Worse because they’re violating civil rights while gently touching people’s privates. “Oy the agony, oy the pain. To make my privates public for a game?” The game being security theater.

Well, you could put a qualifier in there like most for the agencies you mentioned but thats stretching it for the corrupt FDA and USDA these days. Given the recent ATF/DOJ/State actions in the fast n’ furious scandal its a rather accurate statement. If you don’t want to be thought of as a moron, don’t work for the TSA or the government in general. Not the public’s fault you work with morons. Maybe its the public’s fault our leaders are morons but I’m almost convinced voting means nothing anymore.

Does anyone have access to the replica weapon rule? If a hollow, plastic design on a purse counts, what else counts? What if I have a book with a drawing of a rifle on the front? A painting of a sword? A Giant Bomb t-shirt? A Sex Pistols CD?

http://www.bls.gov/oco/cg/cgs041.htm

Go to Table 1 for interesting numbers.

http://gma.yahoo.com/blogs/abc-blogs/security-theater-tsa-confiscates-womans-frosted-cupcake-161059325.html

I am so glad those TSA agents saved the world from the killer cupcake.

Dude, that shit was frosted.

You know who else likes frost?

I am sure that cupcake was very quickly eate- I mean ‘neutralised’.

“In general, cakes and pies are allowed in carry-on luggage,”

Great. Better spend a billion dollars to develop a frosting analyzer lest the terrorists win.