Absolver - Fistfights, kung-fu, faces optional

Aka class based? Like tf2? Or is the distinguisher that each class has more ‘spells’ than a non-hero game?

I think that’s it. The hero powers take their inspiration from MOBA mechanics rather than traditional class-based FPS games. While Overwatch obviously takes a lot from TF2, the heroes’ powers are more like DOTA.

I think it looks quite interesting. I definitely don’t get all the hate for “hero” based games. Assymetry is fun. Playing as new charactars is fun. Pvp is fun. Seems more like a symptom of “I don’t think this because it’s popular”.

I wonder if the PvE will play a bit like Warframe. Space ninjas without the space?

Is there any PvE in Overwatch and the others? I thought these were all PvP games? From the Battleborn thread, it didn’t sound like people enjoyed the PvE in that one all that much thanks to the unskippable cartoon cutscenes.

The name of the game in the title seems right, but the description is all wrong! This is kind of like an open world For Honor plus God Hand. We’ve talked about it elsewhere, but I can’t find the thread because Discourse thinks a search for “absolver” is actually a search for “absolve.” Idiot.

The new video looks good. It looks a lot like For Honor! I dislike that game, though it was mostly because the structure surrounding the combat was so bland that I didn’t feel like learning or improving. The move customization should keep things interesting, or at least prevent everyone from picking the top tier character that Ubisoft happened to design.

It looks like there’s a catch-up mechanic too, I think. It seems like when you take damage you gain crystals you can use for special moves.

August 29th for PS4 and PC.

Still not a hero/F2P game.

It’s Tekken online…

Try putting the word in quotes to specify exactly. Like you did there, actually…

New video up.

My friend @justaguy2 forwarded me some marketing copy for this game in which they call it a “mask-have”. I am now a hater.

-Tom

I’ve been keeping my eye on this but nothing about it strikes me as part of the “hero” genre.

This looks like it would be fun to wander around and get into meaty melee combat.

It’s not. Nick totally blew it with the original post.

For shame. Or For Honor with fists. Whatever.

I was in the closed beta but there’s a top secret NDA. The preview videos are kind of dumb in my opinion.

There’s nothing hero about this. There is no distinctive character design.

I wasn’t sure how they were going to make August 29th, but now it sounds like the plan is to release some extra content 4-8 weeks after launch.

Can we please fix the thread title, @Telefrog? I almost didn’t even look in the thread because of it, but this has nothing to do with a hero shooter.

Sure! What did you want?

change hero pile to “not hero pile”

Okay. I changed the title, but I’m not convinced it’s not a “hero” style game.