Absolver - Fistfights, kung-fu, faces optional

My friend @justaguy2 forwarded me some marketing copy for this game in which they call it a “mask-have”. I am now a hater.

-Tom

I’ve been keeping my eye on this but nothing about it strikes me as part of the “hero” genre.

This looks like it would be fun to wander around and get into meaty melee combat.

It’s not. Nick totally blew it with the original post.

For shame. Or For Honor with fists. Whatever.

I was in the closed beta but there’s a top secret NDA. The preview videos are kind of dumb in my opinion.

There’s nothing hero about this. There is no distinctive character design.

I wasn’t sure how they were going to make August 29th, but now it sounds like the plan is to release some extra content 4-8 weeks after launch.

Can we please fix the thread title, @Telefrog? I almost didn’t even look in the thread because of it, but this has nothing to do with a hero shooter.

Sure! What did you want?

change hero pile to “not hero pile”

Okay. I changed the title, but I’m not convinced it’s not a “hero” style game.

Who said “shooter”?

Well there goes my Photoshop Microsoft Paint career. :-)

I’m pretty sure the only thing unique to each class is their particular dodge move.

While I was really intrigued by this game I have been worried that the experience for solo players might not be the best. This PC Gamer article drains a little enthusiasm too, especially along those lines.

It’s seamless multiplayer so don’t feel like you need a friend. But if you’ll be completely offline, then I don’t think the game will stay interesting enough. It’s just running around punching stuff. A $30 indie multiplayer game has to cut corners somewhere.

People are saying the story is about 4 hours long. Again, strong caution if you want to play offline without any random player encounters for sparring and co-op.

This looks really…drab.

I sure do have my depth concerns on this one. But
I’m curious enough that I’ll be checking it out. Anyone look in to multiplayer? Anyone meeting up today?

Tom Mc