Absolver - Fistfights, kung-fu, faces optional

Can we please fix the thread title, @Telefrog? I almost didn’t even look in the thread because of it, but this has nothing to do with a hero shooter.

Sure! What did you want?

change hero pile to “not hero pile”

Okay. I changed the title, but I’m not convinced it’s not a “hero” style game.

Who said “shooter”?

Well there goes my Photoshop Microsoft Paint career. :-)

I’m pretty sure the only thing unique to each class is their particular dodge move.

While I was really intrigued by this game I have been worried that the experience for solo players might not be the best. This PC Gamer article drains a little enthusiasm too, especially along those lines.

It’s seamless multiplayer so don’t feel like you need a friend. But if you’ll be completely offline, then I don’t think the game will stay interesting enough. It’s just running around punching stuff. A $30 indie multiplayer game has to cut corners somewhere.

People are saying the story is about 4 hours long. Again, strong caution if you want to play offline without any random player encounters for sparring and co-op.

This looks really…drab.

I sure do have my depth concerns on this one. But
I’m curious enough that I’ll be checking it out. Anyone look in to multiplayer? Anyone meeting up today?

Tom Mc

I haven’t made it home to try it yet. Does it use the Steam friends list?

I finished the tutorial (much easier than beta) but servers appear to be hosed at the moment.

I went with Windfall. Khalt is a good newbie killer but not really my style, and I don’t like the stuttery animation of the Forsaken parry. If not for that I’d play Forsaken. Parry is fun.

Doing single player server connection seems to be spotty. I also choose windfall.

Tom Mc

Meh, can’t even respawn after dying without sitting at a black screen. I’ll try later.

I am surprised at the steam numbers!

http://steamcharts.com/app/473690

Still fucked. I had 30 good minutes. The black screen after dying is really bad. Just before that I was getting lag fighting NPCs too. There must be some sort of peer-to-peer sync. They say they’re working on a fix for it next week. I was hoping they’d be more prepared after the beta.

Guess I’ll go play some Hollow Knight!