Absolver - Fistfights, kung-fu, faces optional

I haven’t had any server issues today, yesterday was a bad though. I’m loving the game in theory and the pve is fun. I’m a bit torn on the pvp though, a lot of moves aren’t clear on their characteristics and that’s a huge roadblock to countering them. I need to know whether to block it, dodge left, dodge right, jump or duck for every move and half of them look super close to each other and they all come in a flurry with little to no reason for the enemy to stop throwing them unless you guess correctly on the counter. Kinda wishing stamina was a bit more restrictive.

Yeah reading those moves is really the meat of the game. I feel like you can duck most of the punches so that’s always a good guess. Otherwise you just have to sit on certain attacks in a combo. Early PvP will probably be a lot of spam and Khalt absorb attacks that armor through your little jabs.

my biggest problem right now are ‘spinny’ type moves, like a half side kick or some of the drunken moves. They look like you could dodge one direction or jump or duck, but none of those really seem to work for me. I get hit by flailing arms while dodging far too often for my liking :)

Does the GOG version crossplay with the Steam version? I’m thinking about this one.

Let me know if anyone wants to join up or do some sparring tomorrow (Monday). I’m almost done with the story. One miniboss left.

Looks like Yes.

https://twitter.com/Absolver/status/891385025534595073

I have the GOG version myself.

I’m not very far into this but I’ve been spending a couple hours a night feeling my way through this.

I’m really enjoying it so far and love the minimalism and the mystery. I love the nearly ascetic way that the game tells very little and lets the player just get immersed in the world and combat. Every time I am defeated I am excited to rush back into the fray and see if I can learn from my past impulsiveness and errors.

Definitely worth the purchase.

It sure looks good, but I am a bit glad I held off, lots of stuff still planning to be added.

Hmm, this hasn’t really grabbed me. I don’t feel compelled to dig into the combat decks or run around killing things for the joy of combat. Playing anonymous co-op online is kind of annoying because it spawns extra enemies I think. If you then play by yourself, you’re usually going up against extra enemies, especially for the minibosses.

I’m hooked on a couple other games right now. Maybe I should wait a month or two. They’ll have things polished up by then as well.

First game back in months, trying the 3v3 mode for the first time, and my first game is against Oroboro. I had just joined his school for his cheese deck.

Almost ganked him

So ends my contact with Internet celebrity.

I’ll probably fire this up sometime this week. Will kinda suck to relearn everything though.

I actually just uninstalled it. I’m really impatient with games right now, and this game is the slowest of burns.

I did hear on his stream that player counts are decent right now. Sounds like a good time to jump in.

1.13 PATCH

https://www.absolvergame.com/news/absolver-113-update

Free DLC? Absolver Downfall Expansion Content!

https://absolvergame.com/news/absolver-downfall-content-update

We promised that we’d give news in July on the upcoming expansion, so here are more details on what you can expect when we release the free Absolver Downfall expansion in September 2018, along with other news from the studio. We’re currently putting the final touches to the expansion, and are super excited to share this content with all Absolver players very soon!

Got a key from @cicobuff for this the other day, and I’ve put about 5 hours into it so far. Finally beat Risryn and got my cloak, then jumped into 1v1 and immediately got destroyed 9 times (although I did beat him once!). After that I joined his school. Just like a kung fu movie.

Glad to see that you are enjoying it!

Arise, thread!

For anyone who was on the fence, like me, the game is currently on sale over on GOG.com for €10 or your equivalent in dollars, quatloos, etc…

https://www.gog.com/game/absolver_deluxe_edition

I’ve linked to the “deluxe” edition as it’s actually cheaper than the “standard” edition, for some reason. (This kind of thing happens sometimes; don’t know why.)