AC2 closed, AC1 next

Because some games rock and some games suck? Because no matter how hard they try, no publisher has yet determined the development formula for ensuring that a game comes out good. Anyone with a sure fire formula for that can go start their own games publishing biz and make themselves a multi-billionaire

Kind of like blizzard who hasn’t made a anything but a great game since, umm, forever?

Dunno. I hated it. Heh. :?

Dunno. I hated it. Heh. :?[/quote]

I just wanted to chop some motherfucking wood and mine some motherfucking ore buuut nooooo.

Here I am mind my own business and some fucker with a pet dragon about five hours after the game was released tramples everyone standing outside the outskirts of town. Then I go the bank, and I see the same fucker killing everyone there and no guards helping anyone. Yay for anarchy? No? Okay, nevermind anarchy sucks ass because you’re paying money and feeling like you deserve some fun for it.

Satisfying as poo to what those poo numbers go the poo up.

And the fashion accessories were so lovin’ good that they made me poo.

I still use UO guild and armor (mainly pks I know) color scheme to match my ties and shirts for work.

Live it! Live it!

The difference is that almost no other developers share Blizzard’s advantages as far as being flush with cash and able to absorb almost any kind of schedule or budget hit. They’re playing by a different set of rules, one which I would argue makes it a lot easier to (eventually) produce good games consistently.

That being said, from what I have heard Blizzard’s process is not anything special or markedly different from other developers (barring the above), and in fact could stand a lot of improvement.

Blizzard didn’t start out with a moutain of cash you know, they earned it.

The programming side is probably exactly like every other developer out there, it’s the polish and the post release support and improvement that makes Blizzard #1. They just patched Diablo II what 7 years after release and they keep banning people for cheating on starcraft which is around 10 years old now. Their MMORPG is still getting free content and balancing after almost a year, most lesser companies crank out an expansion pack or two by this time and want you to pay $30 for your new content.

I’d say they earn their money.

Wow, I didn’t realize City of Heroes was doing so well. I’m glad to see that…even if I haven’t played it in ages, it’s been my best MMORPG experience thus far.

The programming side is probably exactly like every other developer out there, it’s the polish and the post release support and improvement that makes Blizzard #1. They just patched Diablo II what 7 years after release and they keep banning people for cheating on starcraft which is around 10 years old now. Their MMORPG is still getting free content and balancing after almost a year, most lesser companies crank out an expansion pack or two by this time and want you to pay $30 for your new content.

I’d say they earn their money.[/quote]

I am inclined to believe they do not see their customers as a pox, as compared to some folk.

haha, that holds actualy some truth :)