AC2 December patch/event

Looking good so far. I did the first dungeon quest in Cragstone, and am in the next dungeon, or will return to it sometime tonight after the server reboot and various RL activities…

They have fixed a large number of minor annoyances in this patch, including selecting a readable font in the chat window among many other things, and have added chests in dungeons which can be looted if you find the right keys. In addition to adding new quests, they have also made various quests given by NPCs instead of those stupid stone head things.

Anyhow, I think Turbine still has a long way to go (just sent in my resume for their senior game designer position, btw, since I find they are not that far from my location) but this month’s patch is a step in the right direction.

Still splitting my time with Earth & Beyond though:

-Miramon@Frostfell, level 17 human mage
-Jamethiel@Orion, level 67 terran enforcer
-Duquesne@Orion, level 47 progen sentinel

Where are they located? In Mass? Could they use a crack accountant??

What’s the level cap?

Turbine has a drug problem?

Not sure if this is what you mean, but level 50 is the cap so far. I’ve read on fan boards that Turbine is probably going to raise that in the future.

Not sure if this is what you mean, but level 50 is the cap so far. I’ve read on fan boards that Turbine is probably going to raise that in the future.[/quote]

That’s what I thought, which is why I didn’t understand Miramon’s level 67 character (uh, he was talking about Earth and Beyond, but I missed the reference).

Did the Camelot expansion pack raise the level cap for that game beyond 50?

“Did the Camelot expansion pack raise the level cap for that game beyond 50?”

Don’t think so. It added new regions and six new classes – two for each realm.

I thought AC1 capped at 100 or something higher than 50 anyway. Why the change? I was looking forward to 100 because the progress woudl then FEEL faster. I can’t play for 1000 hours just to get my character to higher levels.

I like the changes, too. It’s starting to feel more like a real game and less like a giant gauntlet of monsters to bash your way through. There are some actual quests now that all sort of tie together. I think the next event is where they start repairing the towns and some NPC shopkeepers and stuff start to trickle out.

Good interface fixes, too. I like the “V” key being a toggle, and the new fonts and chat window stuff. They still need a “convert all to gold” button on corpses, though. (come on Turbine! It would even lower network traffic!)

Speaking of which, I found a fun bug in a quest. yay for me.

I talk to this warder, he gives me the “go to the Isle of Lost Tears and check it out” quest. I go, there’s a Drudge Fort, and in this fort is a Manuscript. Anyone from your fellowship can grab it, but only if you got the quest from the Warder. Once he grabs it, the quest advances for the rest of your fellowship and they can’t grab one as well. That seems like a good idea - prevents people from having to sit there waiting for the thing to spawn or whatever.

So me and the guy who took the manuscript enter the tunnels under the fort, and then he’s got to log off. With the Manuscript. I die, go back in, and kill the special bad guy at the bottom I need to kill. “Quest Advanced.” Now my quest is to go back to the Warder, who wants my manuscript.

Well guess what, the guy who logged off has it! And I can’t get another, because my quest is stuck at the “get reward” part. I can’t even go back into the tunnels now that my quest has advanced to this stage.

My only hope to complete it now seems to be to find some other fellowship and join them before they turn in the manuscript. But I can’t offer any help going to get it or braving the tunnels underneath. Kind of a problem.

And a new race for each realm. The level cap remains 50.

Isn’t the manuscript just sitting there on a stool in the aboveground fortress waiting for you to take it? On a fast respawn? Anyway, it does appear they added a bunch of bugs with the patch.