Aceru Combatu 7!

Just a note to any season pass holders, the first part of the DLC campaign dropped today. It’s also easily one of the best missions in the game, so if you plunked down for it already then you really ought to give it a go at some point.

Does the game give you unlimited ammo?

No word on next gen upgrades on console but nice to see some new planes after all this time!

Guns, maybe? Not missiles. I think. I played one mission a month or so ago…I need to get back to it.

This latest patch added a difficulty level that gives you infinite missiles, actually.

Before that you had LOTS of missles, too. It wasn’t a realistic loadout. F-18s don’t actually have room for 80 Air to Air missiles.

Booooo! Fake planes are boring.

I thought they meant by “Classic” the Zero or the Spitfire. Although… they put in old WWII planes in a few games and they were so terrible it seemed like a waste of time to play with or implement them. Even worse if a multiplayer partner chose one on your team. :-/

One of the planes in the DLC that I think @Otagan bought reminded me of the plane in Firefox.

Flying multi in an utter crap plane is such fun! I got shot down in DCS by a buddy flying a spitfire. I was in a MiG-15 (first generation jet). He’s still glowingly chuffed with that kill. Likewise do I cherish the memory of making said buddy crash in his P-47 by peppering it with the pea shooters mounted on my I-16.

You’d be forgiven for not knowing what an I-16 is, so here’s a pic of one:

“What do you mean, ‘can o’ peas’?”

There’s no way to adjust the sensitivity of the movement or camera controls for a gamepad, is there. Seems nuts that these options exist for the mouse but not a controller, as the default sensitivity is just too high (for the camera/look hilariously so).

Has anyone played this in VR? Am I correct that only a few missions can be played in VR or is it the whole game?

Think you’re right - there were only a couple of VR missions. Eurogamer did a bit about them.

There are 3 missions in VR and none of them are available on the PC, unfortunately. Outside of the fact that you play as Mobius 1 in them, I know nothing else.

I see this is very cheap now… What did the forum consensus end up as? I need some simple fare :)

I liked it. And it’s getting a Top Gun: Maverick tie in!

Seems like that might just be a skin, but still :)

I think its easily worth the asking price.

You weren’t kidding :)

The mission briefings are so ponderous it’s quicker just to fail each mission a few times to work out what you’re supposed to be doing as well.

Once you’re flying it’s pretty fun though.

I’m convinced this is an Evangelion game.

The only fighter jet arcade where ground crews lament their dead sibling in the AAA you just destroyed.

Pretty good AI on the wingmen.