Aceru Combatu 7!

Lol cool doings. I might even try watching a stream for that 😁

Tom will be really good at this game I predict.

The top-tier simulation means he can leverage his experience as a real fighter pilot.

It involves a joystick , how could he not?

It’s on sale on Steam. Time for me to bite, I think.

Ok

Hmm.

Yeah it’s like weird anime princess countries fighting wars like feudal 17th century europe but using real world jets and such. It’s awesome.

Totally going to pick this up when it hits bargain level. Maybe it’ll find its way to a Humble monthly.

oh boy you are going to lap this shit up! It’s most definitely for you.

Look, if you want to use your controller to robotron/3d bullet-hell your way through gorgeously-rendered skies against gorgeously rendered aircraft, it just doesn’t get any better. The imaginary world stuff is just something the Japanese do as not to offend sensibilities. Like @schurem said, it’s like if Harry Turtledove became a weeb and started writing anime WW2 alternative histories.

Just a note to any season pass holders, the first part of the DLC campaign dropped today. It’s also easily one of the best missions in the game, so if you plunked down for it already then you really ought to give it a go at some point.

Does the game give you unlimited ammo?

No word on next gen upgrades on console but nice to see some new planes after all this time!

Guns, maybe? Not missiles. I think. I played one mission a month or so ago…I need to get back to it.

This latest patch added a difficulty level that gives you infinite missiles, actually.

Before that you had LOTS of missles, too. It wasn’t a realistic loadout. F-18s don’t actually have room for 80 Air to Air missiles.

Booooo! Fake planes are boring.

I thought they meant by “Classic” the Zero or the Spitfire. Although… they put in old WWII planes in a few games and they were so terrible it seemed like a waste of time to play with or implement them. Even worse if a multiplayer partner chose one on your team. :-/

One of the planes in the DLC that I think @Otagan bought reminded me of the plane in Firefox.

Flying multi in an utter crap plane is such fun! I got shot down in DCS by a buddy flying a spitfire. I was in a MiG-15 (first generation jet). He’s still glowingly chuffed with that kill. Likewise do I cherish the memory of making said buddy crash in his P-47 by peppering it with the pea shooters mounted on my I-16.

You’d be forgiven for not knowing what an I-16 is, so here’s a pic of one:

“What do you mean, ‘can o’ peas’?”