Achievement W-'s Beware!

Currently there is a glitch in the Microsoft systems. If you get an Achievement, you’re current total gamerscore gets wiped and out and replaced by the newest score.

http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/xbox_support/f/12.aspx

Please do not make a new thread - there is something going on at this time with activity and achievements being deleted.
Please respond to this thread if you are having the problem.
Support staff will look into as soon as they come on line.

People are freaking out. I’m sure it’s just temporary, but it’s still pretty funny.

I kind of wish it were permanent.

I kind of wish they would make achievements mandatory to get past certain checkpoints in games. Just to REALLY piss off the haters.

Oh man. Imagine if it were permanent and those dudes with 1 million or whatever just had nothing left.

Brutal but hilarious.

I read that you can get your gamescore back if you recover your profile.

When a friend tagged me on facebook with this warning I thought I was just being trolled.

First thing to try is apparently signing out then back in (rather than just switching off and on the console, I guess). If that doesn’t work then recovering your profile should.

Support response:

http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/xbox_support/f/12/t/221558.aspx

Hey all, we’re aware of an issue that is causing users’ achievements to appear missing on their profile. At this time, we believe the issue should be resolved, and you should be able to recover your achievements by following these steps:

1. Please sign out of Xbox LIVE, then sign back in. If your achievements are not restored after this point, please continue to the next step.

2. If that doesn’t resolve your issue, please try earning another achievement. If your achievements are not showing correctly at that point, please wait a bit, and then try again.

Whoo, cold sweat for a second, but my achievements are there, at least for now. But for how long?

Haha, I love that one of their troubleshooting steps is “try earning another achievement”.

“All your achievements were taken away, eh, kid? That must be because you suck so much. If you can prove you don’t suck, we might give 'em all back. Maybe.”