Action USA

oh, baby…

When you think of the broad panorama of VHS-era action, your mind detonates with fast cars, helicopter chases, profanity, nudity, cocaine-ity, fisticuffs, stolen diamonds, FBI agents, defenestration, shotgun castration, men on fire and Casio soundtracks. But what if we told you there’s one single movie that impossibly squeezes all of the above into 89 minutes, not to mention sunroof gunfights, a car jumping over a school bus packed with screaming children, honkytonk brawlin’, bathroom kissin’, plus exploding cars, houses AND recreational vehicles?

Yes. 45.

I really wish that when he was falling from the building in the beginning he just started firing his gun into the air as a nice callout to all the continuity errors those old movies had.

according to slashfilm, this IS one of those old movies. This isn’t an homage, it’s the real deal.

LOL I just thought the parody was that good. My bad.

To be fair the gun did disappear from his hand so there is that for continuity.

They forgot sharks. And ninjas. I’ll give them a pass on pirates.

My god. I must see this. I. Must.

Oh my God. I also thought it was a parody. Had no idea how they had nailed the tone so hard.

Add me in as another who thought it was a parody.

I think it feels new because the trailer seems to be made in a modern way. I doubt the movie feels that modern. It’s $10 so someone watch it and report back.

I did not think it was a parody. [ed. I.e nobody gets things that right!]

The whole time I was thinking, dang it was probably really expensive to do all those stunts and treat post as an old movie. And hard to do the audio right. And now I’m thinking, woah, those were ambitious effects and stuntwork for the time!

Well look what arrived todaaaaaay.

Ooooooooh! Where’d you get that?

Thanks! Just ordered my copy.

Yay!56

So did you watch it or what

Not yet, wife isn’t interested so finding a block of time to watch it on my own is difficult.