Adopting kitties!

Puppies too. Give them the best box filled with soft towels. And a hot water bottle. Most will sleep. But one or two will wake up and set the rest off.

Do you still hear the squeaking of the puppies, Rich?

Yes Doctor. Yes I still do.

<fruitlessly clicking the kitty video over and over and over and over…>

Yeah that’s some Rick Astley level trolling.

<still tapping pile of dust that was my mouse>

First I can only walk in one direction at the grocery store, then I come home to a video promising kittens that doesn’t work.

This is literally the worst day in the history of mankind.

Hey sorry I am the worst. Somehow this thread got set to Normal. I blame wumpus.

Meet Fezzik (brown) and Iago (black). No, not Inigo. We must in all things be difficult, apparently.

e: video may not be done processing, if you’re looking at this right after I posted maybe give it a half hour. Idk man, Youtube gonna Youtube.

AAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, SOOOOOOOO CUUUUUUUUUUTE!!!

Unboxing videos are usually dumb. But not when it’s kittens :)

Daughter is very chuffed that Fezzik is comfortable falling asleep on her.

Those are VERY young, in surprised they were adopted outburst young.

They’re just-weaned, yeah, about 8 weeks. From what we read/hear, that’s in “safe as long as you’re careful” territory. We’re at about 26 hours in and they’re doing awesome, using the litterbox, eating and drinking, and clearly starting to feel a lot more comfortable with us and the space.

I’m super jealous of you with your new quarantine buddies! My landlord says NO PETS! everytime I bring it up. He’s a nice guy, but I guess he’s been burned before.

ENHANCE

Aww

A recommendation:
Touch their paws a lot, and trim their claws while young. Then they won’t mind when they get older. Makes stuff a lot easier.

Yep, heard that. They should be well and thoroughly socialized by like tomorrow at this rate ;)

Great advice. Mine were older when I got them and cutting their claws is a battle. You would think it’s terribly painful for them, but as soon as I let them go they just sit there and glare at me while wagging their tails. And then of course they have to clean themselves because I had ruffled their fur.

Brotherhood.

Amazing how different their personalities clearly already are.

Iago might end up being Inigo after all. We keep confusing ourselves, heh.

They put a smile on my face looking at ‘em. I predict good things are in store!

Those two are adorable kitties. Also, the joy your kids had opening up the kitty travel container was EVEN MORE ADORABLE.

I’m guessing those kitties have nearly 24/7 touch time from love. They are going to be well socialized.

We’re actually being pretty cautious in giving them alone rest/nap/quiet time in their carrier in their little enclosure. They’re real little, and they tire out easily. Fezzik got overstimulated earlier this morning and ended up in that tilted kitty ATTACK ALL THE THINGS mode, which the only cure I’ve ever found for is to just get them some chill time. He’s been passed out for an hour and a half, heh.

Inigo (Iago?) is way less fearless than his brother. Brought him out and he more or less tried to hide for 20 minutes, then had a nice cuddle nap on my chest. I think I startled him awake when I had to get up, though – he doesn’t like being carried much anyway, and he was pretty freaked out as I tried to untangle him from my shirt/robe and get him down into the enclosure. Barfed up a bunch of water and passed back out, poor guy.