Adventures in online cross-dressing

(copied from the Planetside thread)

Alright, I just created a TR character on Emerald with the name “HottieBabe”

I always wanted to see what online crossdressing was like.

The first thing anyone said to me was “nice tits”.

While waiting for the HART as a MAX, a guy told me to do the “lock in” thing and proceeded to simulate giving me head. Then he asked whether I really was a chick, and then proceeded to give me a whole story about how he thought this other guy was really a chick and how this person got upset when it was found out that he was a guy.

This guy was rather helpful when I ran into a bug where I couldn’t get on the HART and was on the whole, much chattier than I’ve ever seen anyone be on Planetside.

If I can’t take this double life much longer, I’ll probably start a normal character. I also suspect that there’s no way that Robbo, Rywill, and the rest of the crew will let anyone named “HottieBabe” into their sqiad.

So he helped you with your HART on?

[size=2]What do you expect from a cross-dressinng thread.[/size]

Don’t quit your day job.

I started a female EQ character once–my brother and I decided to try the PvP server, and I thought it might give me an edge. It definitely made a difference, but it cut both ways. Some people were willng to give me free equipment and help me out, but others seemed to really get off on killing me. Although I pretended to be a girl and never told anyone I was actually a guy, I didn’t play up the female aspect (e.g., I didn’t flirt with people or stuff like that). But I still got several folks hitting on me and two people proposed online “marriage” despite the fact that we only knew each other from one or two nights’ grouping. My conclusion: computer gamers have a larger proportion of socially inept male geeks than the regular population. Stop the presses!

I wonder if they’ll ever be an online planetside wedding. Maybe, since there’s no point in capturing bases over and over again (despite what Rywill claims), I should make my goal be to become the first person to get married online in Planetside.

I almost always play a female character as my main character but I rarely have problems with people. Maybe it’s because I’m so used to telling flirty people to fuck off that I don’t even notice it anymore.

Yeah perhaps that has something to do with it… :roll:

I wonder if they’ll ever be an online planetside wedding. Maybe, since there’s no point in capturing bases over and over again (despite what Rywill claims), I should make my goal be to become the first person to get married online in Planetside.

I would marry you, but I’ll be too busy with my new PS occupation. On a very long liberator ride last night I studied the global map and picked out 5 likely out-of-the-way spots that may contain a developer’s easter egg. I’m guessing they’ve got an ancient vanu base or at least markings somewhere. So, I’m the first PS archeologist. Most of my spots are islands off the coast of continents or lakes into which I will wade and look for underground caves. And yes, I’m starting to get a little bored (but just a little).