Advice for a new desktop.

My dell experience involved Alienware.

I got the laptop, it was fun for a year or 2. Then something got lodged in the fan. The case is such that i couldn’t open it myself, so I had to get them to do it.

This is where things went wrong.

I specifically told them to:

1. open case
  2. remove obstruction
  3. replace case.

had they not used these horrible screws that were so soft i couldn’t put a normal screwdriver into the head, I could have done it myself in 2 minutes.

It took them 2 weeks to pick the machine up.

They then decided to downgrade my windows 10 installation to windows 7, because it was originally shipped with windows 7.

Their explanation was that anything sent to them had to be returned in it’s original state. Yeah…go figure.

For good measure, they wiped my hardrive, and then partitioned it into 2, and boot the boot drive onto C:, but decided to reduce it to 50 gb size.

Then they tried delivering me the “repaired” laptop but didn’t bother phoning me to let me know when it would come. They did that twice.

So, after much angry conversation, I got them to commit to a specific date, but they couldn’t commit to a time window.

They then missed that date, after I had spent all day indoors waiting for them.

Eventually, after about a month all told, I get back my laptop, with all my date lost except what was in the cloud.

Upgrading my Os to Windows 10 was a real challenge because of the HD size restriction.

Then they had the audacity to ask for my feedback. I told them to go fuck themselves.

I’m never buying Dell/Alienware again if I can help it.