Advice for purchasing a new PC monitor

I have that same monitor and put it on an old Ergotron LX arm. Works great. I didn’t even think to check the weight, I just figured it would be fine, and it is. I had to adjust the resistance screw on it of course, but that’s it.

Resistance screw? Hmm gotta go look.

Sekiro is the only recent title that comes to mind.

That’s supports it, or has oddities?

Doesn’t support 21:9 resolutions.

So following the gnatastrophe, I’m in need of a new work monitor.

Current monitor (with the dead gnat) is this one (1440p 27" BenQ) - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00KYCSRSG/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I’d like 27" or close to it (no larger than 32", though, want to keep some space on my desk for things other than a monitor, and also don’t want to make my eyes explode), preferably same resolution or 4k (not really needed, but wouldn’t kick it out of bed). Prefer decent color reproduction if possible, and visuals that aren’t too fuzzy. I don’t need it to be a super gaming monitor; while I game at work (obviously), high refresh rates etc. are not super important to me - work is.

Any recent recommendations?

I’m more familiar with the gaming end so can’t give you recommendations there, just wanted to offer condolences about your monitor. Taken down by a gnat, no one wants to go out like that…

I’m living with a 1x3 pixels big(small?) dead ant in my Asus MG279Q monitor. Other than that, great screen, but it is kind of aged by now. My next one will likely be something curved, as those look real nice.

That’s the monitor I use at work as well. If a gnatastrophe were to befall mine then I’d probably buy the same model again, as I’ve been very happy with it. I don’t game at work though.

Seriously, it is a great monitor. If I don’t see any recommendations that I think are worthwhile, I’ll probably just order the same one again.

In 2017 I bought a dell monitor: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00P0EQD1Q/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

When I got it, after a few days a line appeared on the screen so I RMAed it. Before the replacement even got there, the monitor started wigging out. Anyway, the new monitor seemed fine. So a year later I ordered a second one.

Now, the original (replaced monitor) is starting to have issues. The back light once in a while will flick off for a few second, this started happening about 6 months ago… Its starting to happen more and more often. Now its about once every week or so. I am sure its going to die sometime soon and I need a replacement. There is a newer model, https://smile.amazon.com/Dell-Ultrasharp-U2719DX-2560x1440-Resolution/dp/B07KGR784M/ref=dp_ob_title_ce

However, before I spend any more money on dell products, are they any good? Did I just have bad luck? My last monitor was a dell 24wfp which was awesome and lasted like 8 years. If dell quality isn’t so hot, what are some good gaming monitor replacements? I do like the 27 inch size and I am not sure I would want to go too much bigger because ill have to start turning my head to see different parts of it, if its too big. My friend is actually complaining a bit about that on a monitor he bought.

Doesn’t your Ultrasharp have a three-year warranty? Have you contacted support about the issues with the replacement monitor?

Maybe. I am not sure who to contact. I tried the return stuff from amazon, but that was not available.

Surely you can contact Dell directly regarding their product?

Oh, I didn’t know I could do that. I mean it was sold via amazon. Ill look into it.

Well, not sure how powerfull customer rights are in the US but I would think that Dell are interested in satisfied users of their products and would assist you w. Amazon if that is the correct route, or would even remedy it themselves if they feel so inclined. If that avenue fails, I suppose you could check with some hardware gaming sites, such as HardOCP and see if they can assist and know who to contact.

I was in contact with HardOCP a few years ago (well, more like 10) regarding a Nvidia issue and they helpfully put me in contact with someone at Nvidia to remedy the issue.

Good luck. (not a paid advertisitement for HardOCP btw…)

Just as well given they don’t exist any more :)

Haha, I see that - been I while since my last visit. Could still probably hit up Kyle as he seemed to be quite helpful :)

I am not sure what dell number to call, I tried several. Some of them wanted a dell service tag number. I found some questions posted to dell support about how to get some monitors fixed, and they said you must have a dell service tag number which is NOT a serial number. Also several other posts ask about how to get one, and the answer is, Contact the original seller. I guess Ill have to find out what amazon support can do for me.

I’m also pretty sure Dell can’t force you to find a non-existent number to honor their warranty. If you’re getting no love from Amazon or Dell, I’d say it’s time to hit up your credit card company and see if they offer any sort of purchase protection.