Affordable copy of MS Office?

Have you looked at Affinity Designer and Affinity Photo? Relatively affordable at 50 a pop and very powerful. I switched over recently from GIMP. Still learning the ropes but they are very competitive to Photoshop and Illustrator.

Which of these tools is comparable to Gimp? I don’t edit photos. I mainly work with small sprites.

I’m all set all. Thanks for the advice and help.

Well Designer is like Illustrator and Photoshop like Photoshop. I have no experience with sprites so no idea which one would be better for you. But since GIMP is open source Photoshop it propably would be Photo. Best to read up and watch a few videos, I have no experience with sprites.

Your aren’t going to tell us what you decided upon? I am still waiting on an update to your iPad troubles as well. :-)

I got Office 2019 from someone with access to the MS Store. $50 :)

Funny thing, my Internet dropped to ~9600 baud rate last night and for much of today. Comcast wasn’t going to make it out until Monday. I couldn’t use any of the on-line Office options because the connections kept timing out. Reminded me Comcast stinks and I can’t rely on them.

Also, to my shock Netflix still worked! Well, kinda. It took 10 minutes to cache an episode of Monty Python’s Flying Circus. But at least I didn’t have to spend all night in scary silence.

I have yet to take on Apple as I wanted to make sure nothing else died before I plead my case. And I feel a bit intimidated too. Never had to contact Apple for help before.

And I just threw out an old modem last year where the HS indicator light turned on when it connected at 9600 baud.

And my speed is down to 1 Mbps. My upload speed is still 6 Mbps. How can my upload speed be fine, but my download speed keeps caving? I guess I should be thankful it’s not less than 1 again. I almost cancelled the comcast tech when speeds went to normal late afternoon. Glad I didn’t.

There are three scenarios:

1. Hit ‘reply’ on the thread: no ‘this is a reply to’ indicator at the top of your post, notification to the thread creator only.
  2. Hit ‘reply’ on a single post, if your post is immediately after the post you’re replying to: same as 1, except the poster you replied to also gets a notification.
  3. Hit ‘reply’ on a single post, if there are posts between yours and the post you’re replying to: ‘this is a reply to’ indicator at the top of your post, notifications to the thread creator and the poster you replied to.

It’s an artifact of Discourse’s weird disdain for quotes, which are the obvious solution for the problem 3. is attempting to solve.