AFI's "100 Years ... 100 Quotes"

kudos if you can place this:

“If it wasn’t for pizza and other fine italian foods there would be no happiness”

It’s 106 miles to Chicago, we’ve got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it’s dark, and we’re wearing sunglasses.

• Alan

Fallen

“Somebody is playing with my dick, and it ain’t me.”

-Amanpour

YOU KNOW WHAT A LOVE LETTER IS, NEIGHBOR? ITS A BULLET, FROM A GUN, STRAIGHT THROUGH YOUR HEART, FUCKER! YOU DONT WANNA GET A LOVE LETTER FROM ME. IF YOU DO, YOURE FUCKED!

They probably don’t allow profanity, which would eliminate that entire script except for maybe the Bible part.

In honor of McMaster, I offer:

“KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNN!!!”

They probably don’t allow profanity, which would eliminate that entire script except for maybe the Bible part.

“KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNN!!!”[/quote]

A couple snippets from Khan’s speech prior to that would work.

Isn’t Khan quoting from various works of literature when he’s blustering? Just as I think calling “Houston, we have a problem.” a quote is borderline ascribing a quote to someone who is themselves quoting something is getting absurd.

IIRC it’s all from “Moby Dick,” but yeah.

Actually, the Moby Dick stuff comes at the end of the film, when Khan activates the Genesis Device. Khan’s blustering leading up to Kirk’s infamous “KHAAAAAAAAAAN!” line, when he leaves Kirk & Co. stranded on the asteroid, is all original, IIRC.

I use “Game over man, game over!”

and

“Nuke them from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure” all the time.

ROY BATTY
I’ve seen things you people wouldn’t believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die.

Was nominated, at least.

Yup, glad to see I’m not the only one that enjoyed that movie.

“KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNN!!!”[/quote]

DUH DUUH DUH DUH DUH DUH

MikeS- Allowing Hudson(or really, Bill Paxton) quotes is unfair to other movies.

“17 days? We won’t last 17 hours…”

“I say we grease this ratfuck right now”

“Why don’t you put her in charge?”

“Yeah, but it’s a dry heat.”

His quote from Terminator 1 is great, I forget the exact wording but it’s when he runs into naked Arnold.

No Mamet? Coffee is for closers?

“Washday tomorrow, huh? Nothing clean, right?”

That’s also where the Terminator learns the “Fuck you, asshole” line.

Really, Mamet.

“What’s your name?”

“FUCK YOU, that’s my name.”

“These…are the Glengarry leads. But you can’t have them, because giving them to you would be like throwing them away.”

“See this watch? It costs $20,000. Little gift from Mutch and Murray.”

“You fucking child.”

I’ve never heard the last two before reading this post.

I’ve never heard the last two before reading this post.[/quote]

Ditto. And I somehow doubt Merry Christmas came from “It’s a Wonderful Life.” What did we say before the movie, Happy Hanukkah?

How can you not have heard “Every time a bell rings, an angel gets it’s wings”?

I don’t remember “lasso the moon” though.

“Look at me! I’m givin’ out wings!”