After Party -- Upcoming game from Night School (Oxenfree)

The trailer for this has me very excited. A story about drinking your way out of Hell. Check it.

2019! How am I supposed to wait that long!

Honestly, this trailer didn’t do a whole lot to sell me on the concept, but Oxenfree has earned so much good faith that just seeing the conversation option bubbles made me excited.

Hope everyone was able to wait! This is out in about a month , 1 year Epic PC exclusive.

Very nice 👍.

Already pre-ordered on Epic (when they were having their sale). Can’t wait! Oxenfree is a favorite!

WOT is up, along with others…

I just spotted the game on the Epic store and was curious whether there were any reviews. Turns out there are (thanks for the links @lordkosc) and they all make the game sound really interesting. Good dialogue, voice acting, meaningful choices, characters with depth. It all sounds pretty cool.

Might be one to play this weekend.

Oooh. Turns out it’s on XBox Game Pass:

Awesome.

Only console gamepass. :(

I liked Oxenfree but this didn’t do it for me. The idea here is interesting but I was disappointed we didn’t find out anything about why they died and why they were in hell. The ensemble cast of Oxenfree is replaced by characters who we barely get to know. The decisions I made weren’t interesting. There are some funny moments; I liked the pop culture references. Overall a letdown.

I started it and basically was enjoying it but… since I stopped, I haven’t felt a strong pull to go back. It’s non-stop snarky comments and a potentially interesting setting, but it’s grabbed me a lot less than Oxenfree so far.

I’ve been playing a bit of this one and, holy crap, it’s almost worth playing this one just to see the left turn it takes at the end. I’m not sure that it quite lives up to Oxenfree’s promise but it’s not a bad little game. And all the hell and demon lore they cram into the margins are really interesting too.

Thanks for this. It’s the boost I need to buckle down and finish the game.

I don’t want to oversell it, I mean it’s not going to just blow your mind, dude, but it’s still kind of funny given the way the game goes. And it won’t take you too long to get through the game, it’s fairly short and there really aren’t that many locations. Probably comparable to Oxenfree in terms of length.