Against the Storm - Roguelike City Builder - Dec 8 (incl. on Game Pass)

Tomorrow’s update will bring the vote for the 5th species. If you want to vote you need to have the harpies unlocked already which happens at level 5.

It also greatly improves the rainpunk engines. I’ve been playing the experimental build and the geysers are definitely worth taking advantage of now.

What are the options?

They haven’t revealed the options, just told us there would be 3 choices. Then they think the race will probably be ready to come out sometime in April.

edit: I suppose it would be smart to mention that in order to vote you just launch the game and there will be a button there to vote assuming you’re eligible.

I don’t know. I maxed out a lot of things several months ago. If it’s still their, I should be good.

The vote is up now and it’s Frogs, Bats, or Foxes.

Dang, they all look pretty cool:

I’m glad they’re real creatures. The human/beaver/lizard split had a good theme going, but I think veering into the mythical with harpies was a mistake.

Hm. Difficult. Wonder which one I’ll vote for…

/s

I’m probably also voting foxes. I assumed frogs would be offered as that was brought up often in discord, and thought I would vote for them barring a nice arthropod. The mention of a symbiotic relationship with the Blightrot has me leaning toward the foxes though as it sounds like it has the most potential for interesting gameplay decisions.

Also, two of the new events put in today are problematic. If you get corrupted caravan you’ve probably just lost; it spawns so many cysts immediately that it almost definitely can’t be handled before the blight kills all your villagers. The noxious machinery apparently takes a very lucky setup to get it done before the timer triggers at the prestige levels where events take longer to solve. That one might not be a wipe, but it’s going to hurt.

They’ve already said hotfixes will be on the way, I do love the responsiveness of this team.

Team Fox for me.

As I see it, we have 2 Mammal Species, 1 reptile species and 1 Bird species.

It’s time to give the amphibians some love!

The frogs are also the only ones who don’t seem to be trying for “sexy” :P

I voted Frogs for the same reason, but if we get Foxes, I’ll be happy.

And the hotfix is already out for the various event problems. Update and enjoy!

Team frog here as well. Although I suspect foxes will win easily once the furry vote is tallied…and admittedly their description sounds more interesting than the other two.

I voted frogs too, bats seem too similar to harpies and foxes would add a third mammalian race.

Amphibian representation now!

Another big update - logistics, removal of favour, juggling, and more!

I haven’t even had chance to explore the rainwater mechanics yet!

And foxes one. Lame.

Spoiler!

Yeah, I would have voted frogs. But I didn’t have time, and it was not a close thing. I hope they can disting them from lizards and beavers enough (I’m sure they can).

Was it? Sorry.

They’re not removing favor, just putting a 60-second cooldown on it. To me that seems like a pretty weak solution, but apparently they tested others.