Age of Conan non-beta discussion

I’m not sure how many people will read this far down to know that SB is Zug. :P

Are we supposed to know what Wanderers is? I demand links and quotes.

If people end up deciding on an alternate PvP server, that’d be nice. I’m planning to check out AoC, but I’m a pretty big of fan of open world PvP.

Um, I know, thus the ‘diabolical plan’ comment :( Suggestions?

Say something inflammatory to a respected/protected member of the forums, get the thread deleted, start over!

Alternately, edit the OP to link to your new thread and claim the results of this one don’t count.

I just spoke to my roommate, after hours of debate, we agreed that ZUG is ok too.

Chat Log:
[10:58] Idrisz: wanna do Zug server instead?
[10:59] Roommate: sure if you want.

Masterful Debater or I rolled a 20 on my diplomacy check!!!

Ok how do I do that? I’m starting a new thread for the poll now.

Just edit the OP and replace its text with the link and an explanation. I don’t know if you can redact the poll itself, sorry.

It’s actually in the other AoC thread, but here you go:

As mentioned before, GG/GT/OO/QT3 are more than welcome to join us on our quest. If you have not been to our guild forums before, please sign up at www.thewanderers.us and look for announcements, planning, discussion, etc in our dedicated AoC forum. (I’m not sure if you get immediate access to the AoC forum, but I’ll work with Gedd and make sure we get that all squared away.)

The Wanderers is the unofficial Gone Gold guild formed back in the days of DAOC.

someone sent me a link to what a Zug is in Conan lore, and it looks like something out a hentai anime…

So where is all the PvP on the PvE servers? Are there designated PvP “zones” or is it all going to be instanced battlegrounds-type stuff?

A quick Google gave me Zug (Conan foe). Some sort of Cthulhu type god thing. I didn’t even know Marvel did a Conan comic book.

• And hundreds of issues too. -10 geek cred for me I guess. I read the books as a youngster, and I recall a bunch of short stories in the old D&D magazine (the Dragon?). Lots of source material for Funcom to draw on though.

Was there a Shadowbane incarnation? In any case, I’m interested. Not sure how to get to the AOC forum, though, so I just dropped a note in the general recruitment zone.

On a broader note, anyone have any generalized class overview? The official website and forums don’t have much when it comes to ‘how it actually plays’ and all.

Yes, we were in SB; some of the best MMO experiences occurred during SB. We had a city in the desert named Wanderhome. And there are still people in the guild (albeit very few) who play and adore SB. We are going on the standard server but most of us are far from the carebear mentality, we love PvP. But the current state of the FFA server was one of the reasons we decided to avoid it.

You should get access to our AoC forum soon after you post on the recruitment section. People from QT3/OO/GT are given preferential treatment ;)

The Marvel Conan was good stuff. They did the comic, and they also did a magazine. It was big for awhile. I think in the early issues they may have adapted some of the short stories.