Age of Empires, 2, and 3 coming in new Definitive Editions

Age of Empires: Definitive Edition Launch

We were proud to announce that the Definitive Edition for the original Age of Empires will launch later this year on October 19, 2017. Built as an homage to PC gamers everywhere, Age of Empires: Definitive Edition will show the classic at its best, exclusively for Windows 10 and available for purchase from the Windows Store.

Announcing Definitive Editions for Age of Empires II and Age of Empires III

We couldn’t just relaunch one. Just like we created the Age of Empires: Definitive Edition to honor fans of the series and PC gamers everywhere, we wanted to commit to improving the entire franchise.

Making of:

What’s happening with 2. I got the HD edition, so I would like to have that stay relevant.

Also, Any idea if Star War Battlegrounds will get a similar refresh?

I wonder why they left Age of Mythology off the list. Age 3 still looks better than the enhanced AoM, and it seems like whomever was doing enhanced was having troubles with it.

no sale

More Age of Empires for the rest of us then.

I think it’s vitally important to not let Microsoft think anyone on earth wants to use the Windows Store ;-)

I use it. Sorry.

UNFORGIVABLE

Be that as it is, it’s a decision I have made.

I don’t understand what’s bad about it. I buy stuff and install it. It works.

Yeah I don’t much give a damn about the store. If there’s a deal, I’ll buy from anybody. Well, anybody legit I suppose.

Hey I took a chance and bought Age of Empires III on Games for Windows Live, and you see where that got me.

I did that too. Back when it was $1, or something ridiculously low like that, right?

I reinstalled it last year, even though GFWL was defunct. But it’s not a game connected to GFWL, so I was able to download and install it and play it, no problem.

Too bad Star Wars Battle Grounds will never have a Definitive Update. That would be pretty sweet.

Anyone else get an invite to the AoE 1 DE closed beta?

Not yet.

Birth of the Federation needs a HD Remaster.

Does it though?

AOE 1 DE, delayed till early 2018.