Age of Empires, 2, and 3 coming in new Definitive Editions

Hmm, pretty sure they said no more civs being added but:

I guess AoE2DE is doing so well they felt like they should put something out.

Only $10 though, so probably worth picking up

Interesting reverse campaigns (Longshanks, Burgundians)

I wish someone had told me there had been a tournament. And its Empire Start. I love Empire Start.

I really should get around to purchasing AoE 2 DE sometime. I played it when I still had the Game Pass. Maybe next sale.

More games today. Nice that Red Bull continues to run these.

I like the Empire Start System, but it seems that a few nations with early eco bonuses would be hurt by it. Iā€™m wondering if Malay benefit or not from the Feudal start.

@legowarrior more Red Bull games today and tomorrow.

Iā€™m watching Fridayā€™s matches today. I donā€™t think I will get through all of them though.

Launched!

This is quite a different launch splash screen now.

Just as an aside, does anyone have problems with keyboard and mouse responsiveness in Age 2? I feel like the game is just filled with misclicks or unresponsive keystrokes. For example, selecting my starting villagers and A-Qing my starting houses takes me two or three attempts to get the commands recognized. Expand this through the whole game basically.

For the most part I donā€™t think Iā€™ve had that problem. Are you playing multiplayer when it happens?

They have started a comp stomp event this week. Beat the different AI levels to get the various things.

Edit: Hidden Cup 4 qualifiers start this week. I think first games are today. Should be a lot of good games.

Havenā€™t had any issues with mouse or keyboard responsiveness here recently. My hotkeys are all working as they should be on the first button press, rather than having to mash them due to a delayed or dropped input. So, not sure what is up with that, unless you are participating in some large team games where lag\latency might be a complicating factor but it seems fine in 1v1s and offline for me.

So, I downloaded AoE3:DE this weekend. And man it is a great game. But they got rid of the home city unlocking cards mechanic! I realize that the multi-player folks were (rightfully) annoyed that they had to grind to unlock everythingā€¦ but it has sucked the life out of the single-player experience for me. I loved leveling a nation, getting some cards here and there, trying them out in my deck, optimizing as I went. Now, with everything there, I feel like there is no engagement with that process. I immediately optimized my deck and went on my merry way.

Bummed me out that they couldnā€™t just have everything unlocked in multiplayer, or leave a toggle in the options.

You still have to grind to unlock cool signs and other upgrades for your home city.
Honestly though, home city cards are an interesting mechanic, but too much effort for my enjoyment. I would have prefer something simpler, more along the lines of Age of Mythology, but with the ability to purchase specific upgrades.

Although, I do like the experience mechanic as a resource, the name is odd though. I wish they had gone with something like prestige.

I donā€™t remember much about the Age of Mythology setup, so canā€™t speak to it.

Iā€™m a sucker for a little bit of grind. I think AoE3 was just a tad too grindy - it was pretty rough to unlock all the civs cards - but man I still really enjoyed that excitement of finishing up a skirmish, seeing the new cards, and getting excited to how they might change your playstyle

I havenā€™t downloaded this, but I love the idea of adding the aztecs to Age of Mythology. It makes more sense then the Atlantians.

Day 1 of Hidden Cup 4 is here. T90 will shave his head if they pass 100k viewers. Already hitting 33k on the first day.

I am tilted out of my mind watching this islands game

There now are zero trees on the map