Age of Empires, 2, and 3 coming in new Definitive Editions

Redbull Wololo 4 tournament taking place this weekend.

Shoot, that I want to watch.

Looks like they are putting them up on their youtube account, so you should be able to find them there when you have the opportunity. There have been some good series.

Thank you @vyshka !

I’m still on the first day, but I find that Viking pick is getting a bit boring. I wonder if the meta will shift, or if something will change in the next update to making Vikings seem less optimal in the Empire Wars format.

So, I am still watching the first weekend. Some great games so far, but honestly, I am looking forward to the best of 5 series, when people start banning the Vikings.

The games have still been all interesting despite seeing vikings all the time. I think Wolololo Empire Wars is one of my favorite formats, even if it is a bit fast.

There are some nice series in the 2nd weekend. I like that it mixes things up a bit, and some people seem to handle it better or maybe it levels the playing field some.

I am looking forward to that.

Over on the Steam thread, people were complaining about RTS games doing away with walls! And here I am watching ever game start with someone walling, and the game swinging based on a misplaced wall.

Heh, how many games over the past 3-4 years have been decided by a pro missing a tile to wall? They must not watch any games, or play it either.

I don’t know. It must not have been too bad, since the nerf’d quick walling several times.

I remember a number of times where Memb would melt down when someone would miss a spot in their wall, and an army would stream through the hole. Then there is the quick walling like you mention. I guess they are complaining about the genre in general doing away with walls? Though AoE4 will have them.

Edit: Thinking back though,. how many games have had them? The Age games, The Empire Earth games. Trying to think of something else.

Some of them were, and some weren’t.

I think I like the current meta of walls in Age of Empires 2. They are useful for slowing enemies down, but they will go down fast enough that people build houses behind them. And eventual replace Palisades with Stone Walls if you really want to be defensive.

Walls are even used in 3 situationally- you’ll see them used to do things like protect skirmishers from melee units if you’re using them defensively.

Man i go through phases, and right now my phase is lose every game. It really doesn’t help that one weak player ruins a 4on4 - I actually prefer 2on2 or 3on3, as for some reason it seems more viable to recover from. But in these custom pick up games it’s just a horror show of losses right now. I think i’ve lost maybe 20, 30? games in a row. It’s to a point i’m thinking of just hanging up the multiplayer gloves and retiring to AI skirmish for the foreseeable future.

RTS mp is always a mixed bag. You might do better with the ladder.

In other news, I am hankering for some Comp stomp, but maybe something Sci Fi or Fantasy. For some reason, a lot of RTS is showing up on YouTube for me in including Warlords Battlecry 2 live.

Looks like we might do some Comp Stomp Rise of Nations if anyone is interested. Tonight at 8:30 PM EST.

Thanks for the heads up! I’ll try to stop by but i have relatives coming into town and odds are will probably be with them (they haven’t given me a set time yet).

That’s a lot more intriguing to me than the US civ they added.

Sweet, I hope we can tech them up to Wakanda levels.