Age of Empires, 2, and 3 coming in new Definitive Editions

No Animals Were Harmed in-studio during the production of this update.

Well that bookends a weekend of losing online! Yikes. Couldn’t win a single game. It doesn’t help I felt like quitter and just ditched as soon as I sensed weakness.

My two big issues are - castle/fast imperial walking. I … don’t know what to do about this. It’s kind of like a mental block or something, but if they even have like 10 units, and start castle walking toward me, I just quit because I can’t beat that, not one on one.

Second is just production speed. Just lost a game where as Portuguese in post-imperial I was overwhelmed by trash unit, just because the guy build like 30 barracks and stables, even though I had like 10,000 more stone and gold by that point in the game. I’m just… getting too old to keep up mentally with the huge production burden. Another game I seized the oceans on one side but he landed a few units on the other side of my island with a transport. Even though I was transitioning to land… too late. He walked up to my main and started building a castle. Quit. Nope. But when I left the game, he already had 30 vills more than me, so that was the right choice.

Grr… I haven’t felt this way about RTS in about 20 years lol. At least it isn’t like playing Warcraft 3 or SC2, where it just feels like i’m losing because the other guy is just literally clicking @#$% faster.

Solid news.

This is fantastic.

AoE2 continues to have a good year:

I own the Age of empires 3 complete edition on steam. I loaded it up and it only has the original civilizations. The indians and asian civs and whatnot are missing. Does anyone have any idea why this is or how I resolve it?

You load up the Asian Dynasty edition instead?

I installed it and it only has the one icon. There doesn’t seem to be any kind of way to choose anything else.

Click it in steam, and it gives you a dialog box with choices between the base game and the 2 expansions.

Did you actually try clicking the game’s name to start the game, to get the dialog box that asks you which you want to play?

I click on the icon and it just loads the game, there is nothing asking me about what game I want to play.

I do not have anything like that pop up for me. In steam, its just showing its installed with no options to install specific things that I can find.

On my desktop, I just have an icon for the complete edition and when I run it, it just has the basic game. There is nothing for other options.

I uninstalled the game, and am re-installing it. I didn’t see any extra options that way either.

It doesn’t ask you for any options on install.

When you click the game in your library to start it, it pops up the popup in the image shown.

It most certainly doesnt for me. It just runs the game, no options.

Guess you got the broken copy then. Try posting on the Steam forums to see if anyone else has the same issue.

Try right-click on the game in your library and selecting “Play”. That’s how I launch Grim Dawn 64-bit. If I just run it from shortcuts or from the right-click on the steam icon from my system tray, it just runs the regular 32-bit version and doesn’t give me multiple options.

Clicking on the play from my library gives me the options. I guess Ill have to do it that way. for this game.

Yes. That is what we have been telling you to do for about 5 or 6 posts now.

Maybe you should’ve drilled some holes in the monitor or asked the game for some chocolate chips.