This is very cool news. Take my money!

Multi-monitor support!

http://image.gamespotcdn.net/gamespot/images/2013/65/AOEII_27044_screen.jpg

The Steam page is up!

WOLOLO

Or Freelancer.

This.

$20??!!

I have the CDs somewhere, I’ll be using that one.

While that screen looks cool, I don’t know how anyone could stand playing with the goddamn gutter/bezels of the monitors splitting the image right down the middle.

Now I just need Rise of Nations + expansion on Steam and I’ll be very happy

I think $20 is more than reasonable for AoE2, the expansion, HD support, Steamworks multiplayer, Workshop integration, achievements, and leaderboards. To each his own.

Edit: I have the discs sitting around as well, but I’d rather have this now.

The big thing you’ll miss is complete Steamworks integration for MP. If you play SP only, you won’t miss anything.

I am so in.

Thank you, and yes.

Except the enhanced graphics, and the Workshop integration for additional user generated content.

The Steam page doesn’t mention it, but I’m assuming that with the Workshop integration, the AoE2 map/scenario editor is included, correct?

Yes. 34

Man, this is amazing. I think the reason I never fully clicked with AoE3 is because AoE2 was just too awesome. ;)

I didn’t like the change in direction 3 took. I think it was too much of a change from the previous version, while 1 to 2 was a much smaller change in playstyle.

Wow, was cleaning out the office in the weekend and found my old AoEII discs. A flood of good memories came back, mainly playing the SP campaign while listening to the Braveheart soundtrack (not recommended if you are the nervous type, some tracks make you think an attack is imminent).

I thought of installing but then thought getting a game of that vintage running on Windows 7 too much hassle, then also remembered my current PC doesn’t have any optical drive. Eye poppage when noticed this on my daily Steam specials check, take my money.

Wait, what? Is this a thing now? It sounds awful…

Yeah, that’s it. Don’t care that it is over a month away. I already purchased this one.