Age of Mythology looks very similar to Sacrifice

I was checking at the AoM video that came with this month’s issue of CGW, and it struck me that this game looks very similar to Sacrifice. Has anyone seen this game up close? Doesn’t it look very similar to Sacrifice? And that’s in a good way…

:D

I am in the alpha test and should be recieving my disc shortly. Once I get, I’ll let you know.

Looks like 3D Age of Empires to me.

Don’t you mean Empire Earth?

ha ha ha

Ok, wasn’t that funny.

I’ll be getting the alpha as well. It’s definitely not going to play like Sacrifice, that’s for sure. From what I’ve heard, it’s not really Age of Kings in 3D because there’s quite a bit of fantasy stuff. Meteors smashing whole buildings, good stuff like that…

I’m really looking forward to it.

–Dave

Hey Dave…

Can you let us know how well the game plays? I’m definitely interested in this game. As I’m sure other people are interested in this as well.

:D

Hmmm…I’ve been playing this for a while now and I would say that it doesn’t look much like Sacrifice at all, but I can understand your thought process ;).

sorta OT, but Empire Earth is an underrated RTS. I still don’t understand how it didn’t do as well. It runs good, plays good, and has tons of cool units.

Oh well!

etc

"From what I’ve heard, it’s not really Age of Kings in 3D because there’s quite a bit of fantasy stuff. "

Ok, so its fantasy based units instead of Medieval tpye ones. I don’t see anything really diffrent in the gameplay. So you have a Roman sowrdsman vs a Orc dowrdsman…whats the diffrence really besides the look.

Well the God Powers, for one, Jason. These things will change the gameplay significantly from Age of Kings, and the use of them will be defining in terms of strategy and how the game pans out. You also have a choice of two gods at each of the three age upgrades, who all give different bonuses, spells, units and technologies, meaning that you can no longer predict what your enemy is likely to do based on his choice of civilization, because you don’t know which gods he is choosing.

Empire Earth has done VERY well. We’re at over a million copies sold worldwide - it’s selling unbelievably well in Germany (about the same number of copies sold there as in the US, but they have a far smaller audience).

Empire Earth has done VERY well. We’re at over a million copies sold worldwide - it’s selling unbelievably well in Germany (about the same number of copies sold there as in the US, but they have a far smaller audience).[/quote]

The Germans are game crazy. Stronghold sold like gangbusters over there too.

Thats just a variation on the Hero’s concept so the player can bring a big ‘force’ into play in specific situations to turn the tide in a fight. Nothing revolutionary there.

Who said anything about it being revolutionary? I just said it wasn’t AoK in 3D.

Well I don’t see how the ability to cast a big spell every now and then changes it that much from the AOE. The core gameplay is the same.