Age of Wonders 3

Thanks for the intel!

I’m not sure how I feel about it, to be honest. For whatever reason as much as I should in theory like it, the sci-fi setting in 4X games never does as much for me as I feel it should/will, and as such I’m suddenly a little wary and guarded in my enthusiasm. I really am glad they are retaining the AoW brand, for sure. I guess we’ll find out more shortly!

PUT IT IN MY VEINS

Yeah, I feel the same way.

I’m optimistic! You can do all kinds of crazy stuff with a good sci fi setting, and I have great faith in Lennart and co. They’ve got my support!

Same for me. Beyond Earth was a huge disappointment.

I hope it has terrain modifications.

Did someone say sci-fi? Hi guys!

I LITERALLY HAVE GOOSEBUMPS RIGHT NOW

Hehe. I almost posted something to the effect of Rubin Sighting in 5, 4, 3,…

Personally, I can’t wait to see what they do with a sci fi theme. Got plenty of fantasy on my plate with Pillars 2 coming up. Rocking Battletech right now. Starfield coming out this Fall. Good time to be a gamer.

if its aow3 with sci fi skins, they can keep it

I loved AOW3, so I’m all for seeing what they do with a sci-fi setting. I’d find it really surprising they’d spend years developing a mere reskin of AOW3.

Hah, you know it buddy. I love AoW. AoW sci-fi? SOLD.

Curious.

I’m guessing the planetfall is the Archons or Syrons.

Not sure I believe this or not.

On the one hand, seems a radical departure from the AoW formula.

On the other hand, I heard a similar rumour a long time ago. We’ll i’ll be at the expo when it is revealed.

On one hand, I’m still excited to see whatever Triumph makes. On the other hand, boo to leaving fantasy!

I just hope it’s not all grimdark. That would be a big bummer for me.

OK, now that changes things. What a cool idea.

I want to go!!!

I SHALL FIND AND TACKLE EACH OF THEM INDIVIDUALLY.

Historic low on the collection you guys.

Over at the official forums someone was speculating the new game would be akin to Empire of the Fading Suns.

That sounds pretty cool.

We’ll find out soon enough.