Age of Wonders 3

One thing the game is not very good about is telling you the importance of clearing up monster generators. On a cloth map they look like a skull with arrows. Bandit hideout is very hard to notice because, well, it’s a hideout. You have to destroy those ASAP cause they’re not afraid to attack unguarded cities and builders and settlers.

So much so that I would say these, and scouting, should be your priorities.

Oh my, yes. I am super uncomfortable without 2-3 active scouts in the early game, and decent visibility/confidence a bit past my borders along any likely invasion route. Watchtowers don’t cost any upkeep!

On bad guy generators: they glow red, compared to regular treasure sites, and their guard armies have red-accented flags instead of black-on-grey.

Aggressive wandering armies (from hostile neutral cities, generators, and certain events) have that same red-on-grey flag. It’s worth knowing the difference, since only those red flags will initiate combats.

OK, I’ll set up a pbem for 6 people, details to follow.

edit:

Game name: QT3friendly
Password: TOM

Large map, default setting (everything set to medium basically) except

10 heroes allowed
Heroes can go up to level 30
Seals are enabled, 50 charges to win

Alliance victory is on

No mods by the way.

Wait this game has bpem?

Oh yes it does indeed.

It’s managed through an Triumph account. Games get uploaded to their server and then notifications sent to next in line, etc.

Messages can be sent through their system as well, and looks like diplomacy is going to be a thing with these settings.

Best of luck to you all pbemers. The AI just crushed me on Lord level. Six players, three teams of two. My teammate was way ahead of me and the hostile teams kept capturing my throne city. I used to be competent at this game at that level but since I loaded up the Eternal Lords DLC orald is getting schooled.

I hope you all post some updates on how your game unfolds.

Sounds interesting.

Thanks for taking the lead, BBB!

I’m concerned, though, that I’ve forgotten what these settings represent. I’ve been away for far too long!

Searching on this game name comes up empty for me. Does it for anyone else?

Remember your ABCDs.

Always Be Clearing Dungeons.

(Well, “treasure sites” really, but you know what I mean.)

Listen to Adam B, he’s lookin’ out for y’all.

Can’t find it either.

I’ll try resetting it today.

Seals are victory point locations. You have to capture them first (and they are usually well defended) and the occupy them to gain points.

Periodically the seal will spawn units to recapture it.

OK it should be working now.

It will tell you there’s a mod to use, which doesn’t do anything radical, just removed some pbem cheese.

OK gents we stand at 5 players out of 6.

If we can get a 6th today, awesome.

If no-one shows up by 1800 GMT today,I’ll put in an AI.

I’m excited.

What’s the schedule going to be like? I have it installed, but I really haven’t played more then a few minutes.

I haven’t put any sort of timer on, I figure as a general rule, play your turn within 24 hrs.

Did I set up everything correctly? Do I need to download the mod?