Age of Wonders 3

OK, the problem I had was that the two non-center stacks weren’t adjacent. Makes sense, thanks.

O O x
    O O X x
     O O

Also don’t do this. The city center always is attackable - so an enemy attacking the city center with this defense arrangement only faces one army for defense.

I learned that the hard way.

And you should leave your garrisons in one of the center-adjacent hexes if it’s a unit-producing town (I do it everywhere just as a standard practice now) so that newly produced units don’t join the sleeping garrison army. Because the city center itself is attackable, it’ll pull in that stack if attacked.

It took me an embarrassingly long time to find the repeat button for city production. Like, probably 100 hours in the game. And I was really annoyed at having to queue up 5x merchandise or units or whatever. I’m smart.

And version 1.7 just arrived with modding and other stuff: http://aow.triumph.net/v1-7-is-here-the-age-of-modding-has-begun/

Welp. Guess I’ll be diving back into this.

I know I will. ;)

Awesome!

Also,

Time to mod some pandas into Age of Wonders 3. Dire Pandas.

Vampire Spider no longer is dedicated to evil.

Wait, a creature which is both a spider and a vampire isn’t evil?
Talking about stretching believability!

Notice the phrasing - it’s still evil, just not dedicated to it as before. ;)

I never got this, though I played the earlier Age of Wonders games and like them. Still worth picking up?

After the DLC/patches AoW3 is probably the best of the series.

I agree with this. The game failed to grab me when it initially released, but it’s quite good now.

Official V1.705 “CAESAR” patch coming out soon (possibly as in “now”)!

More info (including changelog):

Wow, they’re releasing another patch for this one?

They just did. It’s out. :)

Cool, guess it’s time to have another go then!

Anyone have a changelog?

I posted it above.

Hah, did I miss that or did you edit it in later? I’m on my phone, so your original post was offscreen. :) Thanks!