Age of Wonders 4

I came here to share a video I’m only 10 min into, out of 21, but so far it’s the most consice “here is what is new and what it all means” type of breakdown and the author (Party Elite) did a fantastic job carving out all the tool tip roll-overs that pop up during the stream to talk about them. Very well done, imo.

The faction creator reminds me of Stellaris, and I love having so many options to customize them. And 50+ Tomes of Magic? Wow. I know it’ll be an unbalanced hot mess, and that’s perfect. This will be so much fun.

Up until this thread, I expected Diablo 4 or the Cyberpunk 2077 expansion to be my GOTY. Please please have a scalable UI for widescreen. And no Denuvo.

I assume you mean Ultrawide and I concurr but the good news is I was playing Planetfall this morning (man, what a cool game) and it’s Ultrawide works/looks excellently. I have my UI scale set to the default), but here you can see the smallet and then largest size UI.

Small UI

Largest UI

I think that’s a good indicator AoW4 will have Ultrawide support, fingers crossed.

That’s a great watch, thanks for linking it.

This looks awesome but I guess now is the time to start demanding they add my Frostlings. I’ve been playing them since AoW1, where my dire penguins at?

Dire penguins are confirmed! The way they are going to be able to make a race of zombie frost penguins.

So it looked to me like Frostlings are a modifier not a “form” - so you don’t have Frostlings like you do Orc, Toad, Human, or etc. but rather they come from evolving your chosen faction/form into Frostlings.

I think this is really neat, personally - it allows for Frostlings of any flavor/shape you can think up.

‘Corpse Eating’ - “Looks like meat is back on the menu boys!”

The further along I got the more I wondered if it was something like that, but I missed that particular item. Cool! Literally.

I had this on in the background last night as I played a game. Das really goes all out breaking down everything that was even just flashed on the screen. Really loved watching how excited it all made him.

Pretty excited for this - busted out AoW3 again to play around just to see how the faction creation differed from the AoW4 video. Suddenly 4 hours disappeared.

Looking for a bit of clarification - there are 54 tomes, but how many of them are Tier 1 and are only the Tier 1 tomes the ones that show up in the menu to select to start the game with, I assume? Are the other tomes in the game Tier 2 (and higher) variants on the Tier 1 tomes with more powerful spells/research options?

Or are their 54 Tier 1 tomes in the game, and then each tome has multiple tiers?

Am I scrolling through 54 tomes in this screen?!

No undead race? DLC?

You only ever scroll through 12 tomes (at this moment)

Undead is something you can turn your race into through the Race Transformation

Race Transformation? Ok… Are there other kinds of races you can transform into?

Frostling Transformation showed up somewhere on a unit card during the stream.

It would explain why there are not frostlings in the race (form) panel, like undead.

They also showed off “Demonic” and “Angelic” and now we know where Undead went, it’s also a transformation. I imagine there are also ones for the other three elements, and possibly even more yet - man, that’s a lot of art assets.

IIRC that’s basically how AoW3 handled undead, too.

That’s how I remember it - you picked your base race and then applied “Undead” to it and had a Necromancer hero, I think? Something like that.